Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil 7 to be possibly be revealed at E3

I finally had a chance to look at RE 6 on Friday at a friend's place. It looked fun... for a generic action game :lol. It seems like a far cry from the previous RE games, and I can certainly see why a lot of the long time fans were pissed off at it.

They should just allow Teh Hideo to reboot this series with nanomachine Wesker :lecture.

I finally had a chance to look at RE 6 on Friday at a friend's place. It looked fun... for a generic action game :lol. It seems like a far cry from the previous RE games, and I can certainly see why a lot of the long time fans were pissed off at it.

They should just allow Teh Hideo to reboot this series with nanomachine Wesker :lecture.
Which wouldn't even be that bad because it'd probably be funny and Wesker could make it work. Because Wesker :lol I might LP RE6 on my YouTube channel if I can find a partner though.

So This is legit then?

It cannot be said enough, Wesker's death killed the series. Simmons was a flaccid replacement... who only lasted one game :lol

Simmons was a awful villian how many times did he die in the game?

They just need to add a more ruthless villain and change the story up. I hate to say it but maybe they do need to follow the tone of the movies just a bit. Where umbrella takes over the world and its an apocalypse. I mean it would be new to the universe of the games. If this E3 news is legit then we will see in a couple of weeks what approach they are willing to take.

It cannot be said enough, Wesker's death killed the series. Simmons was a flaccid replacement... who only lasted one game :lol
I view it more as, RE5 infected the series with the C-Virus...then Wesker's death turned it into an outright zombie, basically the end of the infection. :lol Latter games after it are all infected zombies. Or something.

Simmons died what, 4 times?

I'd crap my pants if they ever announced that they're going back to remake 2,3, and Code Veronica with updated visuals. 2 is the first RE game that I ever played. I went over to a friend's house when he rented it. I've always been a zombie fan so of course I immediately went out and bought the first one.....for the Sega Saturn (fanboy that couldn't afford a PS1 yet). And never looked back. Code Veronicafor the Dreamcast is and always will be my favorite game in the series.

Reliable hardcore Resident Evil fan "News Bot" has posted hints towards the new RE game to be revealed at E3:

-It's not Resident Evil 7, but a spin-off like Revelations.

-There are three returning characters. Two female and one male. Two haven't been seen in over a decade in a canon game story and one has never had an "in-game" appearance.

-Regarding the one who doesn't appear in-game, I should be a little more specific. They are mentioned in games but are a background character with no "active" appearance yet. It's not someone from the canon movies/comics.

-Like Revelations, the game will center on these three but will also have a plethora of other characters.

This is all he'd say since he didn't want to lose his sources. Funny enough, his hints/rumors have appeared on several sites already. This guy runs Project Umbrella and only posts factual information, to include several interviews and histories regarding the RE franchise over the years. The guy doesn't bull ****, so here's hoping he's telling the truth.

My money is on Rebecca, Claire, and Alex Wesker or HUNK. Rebecca and Claire are two females that haven't been in a canon game story in over 10 years. HUNK has never been in a game story officially since RE2 and has since only been in mini-games (also had his own document in CV). Of course, there's Alex Wesker mentions in RE5's Lost in Nightmares but we've yet to see him (or possibly her?). Barry and Billy are also possibilities as they haven't been seen in 10+ years in an official capacity neither. I could say the same for Carlos and Steve I guess. As for a possible female never having an "in-game" appearance, my only guess is Veronica herself.

So, any guesses as to who the three characters will be?

Last edited:

There were also these images that may or may not be fake. The 3DS image seems photoshopped (with the cropped Capcom logo) and the website has since been taken down by Capcom and apparently was never on an official server from Capcom.

Assuming these images are true, could the two characters who haven't been seen in an official capacity in-game for over ten years be Claire and Steve and the character never seen in-game but only mentioned be Veronica? Two females and one male. There were also rumors of a "Revelations 2" starring Claire last year.

However, I've read that News Bot also said it's not a remake they're revealing at E3, so this is likely fake.

10383682_646086788801239_5858001621063867653_n.png

sp902.jpg

There were also these images that may or may not be fake. The 3DS image seems photoshopped (with the cropped Capcom logo) and the website has since been taken down by Capcom and apparently was never on an official server from Capcom.

Assuming these images are true, could the two characters who haven't been seen in an official capacity in-game for over ten years be Claire and Steve and the character never seen in-game but only mentioned be Veronica? Two females and one male. There were also rumors of a "Revelations 2" starring Claire last year.

However, I've read that News Bot also said it's not a remake they're revealing at E3, so this is likely fake.

10383682_646086788801239_5858001621063867653_n.png

sp902.jpg

Most likely fake. I would love for it to be remade as a legitimate console release, though.

I didn´t play ANY of the RE´s since 4, save for the demo of RE5, which was a total ****fest in my book.
Hate the look, feel, controls and story progression with this uroboros and plaga ****.
Sure, the characters were all there...but...it didn´t feel like RE anymore and it started with CV, for me.
Played RE DC and 2 over last few weeks and THIS and ONLY this is Resident Evil and when Capcom wants to improve on something...they need to go BACK to THIS.
This feeling I only had once again...with the first Dead Space...which was killed now too.
Good oldschool horror games have become scarce these days...

I haven't played any since RE 4, either :lol. It would be awesome if this series gets a well-deserved reboot. It has been years since I played RE, and I'd sure love to get back into the old games. But, they look so dated by today's standard.

So... Anything? :lol

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

No kidding. I guess the guy was indeed full of **** :lol

Back