Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus, I wonder if Brad is making a cameo?

c90c5fae5374e3179cf24237eaf2c3b8.jpg

tumblr_n7uf5v5nV71sdqajoo1_500.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not as hyped after the gameplay, but i just think it was because of the guy playing it not doing it how id like to present it. He made it look fast paced and awkward and ive got a feeling that was just to present an erratic scary atmosphere with the guy in the shutter getting caught, then leon getting caught. Multiple Zombies, a bit of gun play, getting bit multiple times. Speed running through rooms. In reality you could likely just slow walk around the area and not spawn them all at once, and headshot them. So im not too worried.

I dont mind the Re 7 item indicator when you are within a few ft of an item. I know its not old school but in reality can you imagine trying to find a lighter if its on a overturned desk surrounded by rubbish in a seemingly random room when its pitch black, you are trying to keep moving to avoid using bullets and at this point you have a giant RPD station, its outside and the streets prior it could be in. The game is just way too detailed with so much stuff laying around.

I like over the shoulder but this has me worried, its not fixed over the shoulder like 4 and 5 its more like you are an entity floating behind him. Theres a bit where he runs down a slight ramp and the camera goes back a bit, and he can just turn around and start walking into the camera or he is sometimes in the center, or to the right of the screen even though the default is slightly left of the screen. I dont like it when you need to keep your thumb on the right analogue stick as well as the left too so you are constantly controlling the camera to see where the character is going. Its going to get old fast constantly having to take your thumb off the item pickup, examine and fire buttons to constantly be changing the camera to forward face the character when your walking around decks and corridors.

But im still hyped.

This game looks far far better than I could have ever dreamed. Being excited for a Capcom game is something I have not felt in a long time. I think they made a great choice by releasing this info now, and having the release date such a short time away.

This game is money in the bag 5/6 million copies if they made a good game.

Thats much better gameplay. Just walking around slowly and reading notes. Examining stuff you cant open. The music, im not recognising it as anything from 2. It kind of reminds me of some of the mansion music from the remake.

I assume we will get a playable demo at some point maybe? It appears that this opening section we have seen is like a 20 minute demo.

This game is absolutely incredible.

The rumor is an original ps1 soundtrack swap is an option

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The fixed angles were confirmed too. It's leaked and even in the trailer. It will be an unlockable probably.

The fixed angles were confirmed too. It's leaked and even in the trailer. It will be an unlockable probably.

I dont think its true. Originally this was misconstrued by people reading " play in classic resident evil style " as fixed camera angles as opposed to it meaning puzzle and horror as was intended.

Besides, this game would be horrible to play in fixed camera style as it is tuned for 3rd person. You will get your ass kicked by every zombie because you cannot aim for the head.

But please if you can show us where it was confirmed id be really interested. Not that id actually use it

The demo showed that if anything it's going to be harder to play this way since the areas are narrow. I think were going to be running more than fighting, and that's good. RE2 was more action than people realize. But this looks to be the best way to follow up REmake all these years where ammo is limited and you need to play more strategically.

Back