Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're definitely in the minority but I agree with you. While I have ZERO doubts that this will be a great game, I'm not excited for it because it wasn't what I personally wanted out of this project and I'm a nitpicking bastard. The thing about the Gamecube REmake that made it so great was how it simultaneously added new elements without changing much of the context of the original game.

Personally, I'm tired of modern action games being so ubiquitous in design, I miss the days where games like MGS, Metroid, GTA and RE all had different interpretations on how to even fire a gun rather than the triggers to shoot. But that's just me. Like I said, I'm certain this game would be a mega hit.

Eh you got newcomers to the franchise and they weren’t old enough to know about the clunky controls. They just played Re4 and up. The first remake came out before RE4 was a hit so once that took off capcom never looked back.

I get it but how about just make a new RE game this way? I guess this accomplishes both nostalgia and appeals to new blood.
Later iterations fixed the controls though. Just so disappointed.

Yes it does. It draws new and old people in. Like it or not the controls are dated and only hardcore fans love it. Besides over the shoulder I feel closer to the action and can see the details a lot better

guys waiting for RE 2 Remake should just play Cold Fear if they haven't.

Tank control with shoulder aim. best of both worlds.

took Capcom 13 years to figure it out.

Anyone else thinking we can explore Racoon City before we get to the actual RPD itself this time ? I'm thinking the opening of the announcement trailer hints at that. Maybe Leon bumps into the Sheriff on the way into town at the convenience store and wants to help out. From there something happens to his jeep so we gotta make the rest of the way on foot.

One thing I am loving though is that even the zombies now are a formidable threat and not to be taken lightly, especially in large numbers. Looks like they can swarm you pretty quickly if you let them get too close and they can take many bullets to put down.

You think hot toys will tackle these? I know wishful thinking but they did every RE game with the main cast so far. If not I hope asmus or threezero get the license
Given the hype around the game after this trailer they'd be crazy not to capitalise on it in some way. Either doing a Claire or Leon figure from the remake or at the least doing a reissue of an older version.

Heck, I'd love it if they did a mr x or a licker !

I saw the preorder bonuses, pretty cool stuff, but do you think they will be alternate costumes and exclusive weapons unlock in game too or will it just be preorder bonuses?

personally im hoping for a resident evil 4 leon and silver ghost. also it will be really cool if it comes with a copy of the original resident evil 2 aswell with no changes, so I can play them both on a next gen console.

I saw the preorder bonuses, pretty cool stuff, but do you think they will be alternate costumes and exclusive weapons unlock in game too or will it just be preorder bonuses?

personally im hoping for a resident evil 4 leon and silver ghost. also it will be really cool if it comes with a copy of the original resident evil 2 aswell with no changes, so I can play them both on a next gen console.

Steam calls it the Extra DLC pack

-Leon Costume: "Arklay Sheriff"
-Leon Costume: "Noir"
-Claire Costume: "Military"
-Claire Costume: "Noir"
-Claire Costume: "Elza Walker"
-Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Albert Model"
-"Original Ver." Soundtrack Swap

So I imagine it will be available for purchase in-game eventually.

Im gonna preorder it anyway so il get those bonuses I was more wondering if any different bonuses and costumes will be available in game or will it just be those listed and that's it? but I guessing its too soon for anyone to know the answer to that one

664d05b54768c283729e4446d3e7cf61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious now what the other collectors edition will be for the other countries. Could be just a simple statue swap out for Claire instead but maybe we're getting something complete different ?

Still kind of bummed we didn't get a Claire reveal trailer like was rumoured but then again it's a bit too soon since the initial launch trailer do they're maybe wanting to spread it out a bit and not spoil a lot too.

im hoping Europe's collectors addition will have those in game bonuses and that leon statue because I need that leon statue

pre ordered the collectors as well this game was my childhood and I'm sure it'll be nothing short of amazing! if hot toys makes leon and claire I'm in 100% also why is claire's bike from raccoon city? I thought she just went there to find chris? she never lived there....

Back