Reshaping plastic armor pieces?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello, what is the most viable way to soften to a maleable state in order to reshape pieces of the plastic used on many pieces of figure armor, I.e. SS Boba Fett or Vader, Hot Toys TDK Batman gauntlets, etc etc? I'm not actually sure what the plastic used on these figure armor bits and accessories are, precisely. Not sure it's be the same as running hot water on warped PVC Hasbro toys.

Heat gun? Boiling? Would any of those methods damage the plastic?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Vacuum forming. You can DIY your own forming jig using simple materials. Try google or Youtube for tutorials.

Hello, what is the most viable way to soften to a maleable state in order to reshape pieces of the plastic used on many pieces of figure armor, I.e. SS Boba Fett or Vader, Hot Toys TDK Batman gauntlets, etc etc? I'm not actually sure what the plastic used on these figure armor bits and accessories are, precisely. Not sure it's be the same as running hot water on warped PVC Hasbro toys.

Heat gun? Boiling? Would any of those methods damage the plastic?

Thanks.

I'd check individual threads for each figure you're wanting. SS Boba has multiple threads just devoted to this due to the fact that theres other underlying factors, such as the back side of Boba's chest armor.

Try not to use a hairdryer as that can warp plastic.

I use hot or boiling hot water as that wont warp plastic. Then just hold the shape and run/hold it in cold water.

I use hot or boiling hot water as that wont warp plastic. Then just hold the shape and run/hold it in cold water.

I use the same method... besides being less likety to damage plactic with warping it's also very quick to just dip it in hot water, shape and then dip in cold. Hair dryers seem to take forever and can damage the item.

I use the same method... besides being less likety to damage plactic with warping it's also very quick to just dip it in hot water, shape and then dip in cold. Hair dryers seem to take forever and can damage the item.

Thanks for your input, guys.

Back