Reservations on Sold Out Items ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RFL

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Sorry for the newbie question but how realistic is it to put recent but popular items, for example " Iron Man Mark I Sideshow Edition Maquette " on a wait list and expect it to get filled ?

Obviously I`d rather pay their price ( as well as get their warrantry ) then scalper prices on $Bay or elseware.

Also about how far back in time, as far as when the piece sold out, could you go and expect to get filled ?

Something that old you have zero chance. Scalpers? How about collectors that dont want it anymore. Without them you would never have a chance to get it 3 years after it has come out.

I think for that your chances are slim, but If wait list is available and your not desperate I say jump on the wait list. I have had orders convert for items that have been sold out for a few years.

How is it possible that an item is on waitlist for a couple of years? if it on super long flex pay?

One of the reasons can be due to stock found in their warehouse. Someone more in the know probably could list more reasons. I just had Electric Tiki EOD Buffy convert. That has been sold out for well over a year.

eBay prices are not really people being scalpers. I would want to get as much as I could, or get what it's worth. Paying more later is the nature of the beast. It is what it is.

Does anyone know when or how SS decide to change an item from 'waitlist' to 'sold out'? Do they keep some waitlists open on sold out lines in case someone returns one? It's like with the Dagon ex, that's saying waitlist, but they alll sold out and SS even said the last few pieces in the warehouse failed QC so would not be shipped. In cases like this, surely the waitlist is only being kept open in case they get a return.

After 30 days of the last item shipping, would a waitlist then be closed and an item marked sold out? Seems a bit of a gamble at times, say if you have a choice between a waitlist EX item you really want, or the choice of a reg ed availible.

How long would you wait on a waitlist? Does anyone know how many people they let on waitlists get before they are closed?

I'm quite new to Buying sideshow pieces, what do you reckon my chances are on the below being converted?

Hulk Comiquette Ex
Cyclops PF Ex
She Hulk PF Ex
Lion O Mixed Media Ex
Friday the 13th PF Ex

Cheers...

Look to be honest no one can really say either way. Sure some might be more likely then others, but that as much advice as you can expect.

Some people have lucked out and had a convert on an item sold out long ago, myself included. It's really up to you if you're willing to wait and see.

If you are on the waitlist for an item and cancel it, do you still get charged a cancellation fee?

Or do you only get charged this fee if the item becomes available to you?

Cheers

If you are on the waitlist for an item and cancel it, do you still get charged a cancellation fee?

Or do you only get charged this fee if the item becomes available to you?

Cheers

You only get charged if your waitlist reservation converts to an actual order. You're free to cancel a waitlist reservation at any time with no penalty.

When it comes to wait lists it never hurts to jump on it no matter how old, but I can tell you that items that have not shipped yet have a greater chance of converting than something that is a few years old, but you never know.

There is always hope brother. I'm still on the Cap Ex PF waitlist. It's gonna convert any day now :)

Lion O Mixed Media and She Hulk Converted (Both Ex's) Happy Days.

I'm also on the wait list for Captain America, Spiderman, Thor and Red Skull! The chances of those Premium Formats converting are probably ZERO.

Back