Resculpted/repainted Belloq head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does WOW say enough? :rock

No we didn't! WOW!
Unbelievable how much better this looks. Makes you realize what a crappy paint job on a really good sculpt was on the product as released. I think sideshow's painting in many cases can be likened to ordering an incredible dessert at some fancy restaurant and then having the waiter cover it in cheap ketchup before it gets to the table!

Wish my Belloq looked like this...
Hope sideshow sees it.....

Here is another pic... pretty much 98% done ?!? :) I am bad about just refusing to give up on a project.. always feel like I need to still tweak something... anyway.. this photo is horrible... lousy lighting that makes the paint job look pitiful.. but you can at least get a good idea as to the reshaped head in the jawline..

IMG_5567.jpg

As Belloq was my absolute favorite baddie.. I love this figure...

Yeah Dave.. I took off a good bit of plastic along his lower jaw line.. the original just had a really thick and squared jaw line.. I have a second Belloq that I am working on right now... I should be able to do some more work on it tonight.. hope to post some more photos soon.. (trying to work on that as well as do up my first KOTCS PF scale custom belt)... stay tuned :)

Yeah Dave.. I took off a good bit of plastic along his lower jaw line.. the original just had a really thick and squared jaw line.. I have a second Belloq that I am working on right now... I should be able to do some more work on it tonight.. hope to post some more photos soon.. (trying to work on that as well as do up my first KOTCS PF scale custom belt)... stay tuned :)

Awesome Mike...Can't wait to see all that! :rock :rock :rock

I've been going back and forth with "do I get the KOTCS PF, do I not get the KOTCS PF?"...Ultimately with your new belt, it will make a WORLD of difference. And since Indy is my fave hero from ANY film, I think I just might need to get all 4 Indy PF's from each film...plus a Mola Ram PF and a Henry Sr. PF. That's all I'd need in PF form from the Indy series. The rest I'm cool with in 1/6!

:D

yeah.. as much bad press as the KOTCS PF has gotten.. I would think that with a good repaint and changing out the belt/holster that this statue will look really good.. the sculpt is excellent if you look at the unpainted views of it... I am looking forward to mine...

Not to steal any of the thunder away from the great Toht images that are showing up here, but I have just received Mike Fisher's BRILLIANT resculpt (sanding of the jaw) and repaint of Belloq's head and it looks AMAZING! You can't totally see it in the pics, but Mike even added some subtle grayish stubble and really went out of his way to do a bang-up job on shading and highlighting parts of the face and hair.

Goes to show that with some patient futzing, sanding and repainting, this Belloq figure is actually a pretty solid addition to the line. (Don't mind Indy in the background...he's one of my extras to eventually turn into a 'Streets of Cairo' Indy. Les is currently repainting and weathering my 'main' Indy! :D)

3534230796_3a7e5695d6_o.jpg

3534230886_00b55f72b4_o.jpg

3534230984_a8eec0e79c_o.jpg

3533413535_8079a2dac3_o.jpg

3533413627_fd1fe26513_o.jpg

3533413627_fd1fe26513_o.jpg

3533413821_3168aa9496_o.jpg

Yes, Fett's Belloq does have a dremeled jaw.. then I painted it in oils.. I would be open to doing this for other members... just at the moment I am doing midterms with my law school courses.. feel free to PM me.. I am always open to doing custom work ( repaints / belts etc) it is just that I am doing it on a more limited basis now because I do not like having customers wait for a long period of time to get the work in hand.

Back