Resculpted/repainted Belloq head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Resculpted/repainted Belloq head ( new pic page 3 )

This is about 90% done... still got to touch up the hair a bit.. add gloss to eyes, a tad more color to the lips etc... but you get the idea as to how great these heads can resemble Belloq with a little dremel work and paint... By the way, Indiana Fett.. this is the one I am doing for you... if you have any tweaks you see from this photo just advise..
IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

Not the best photos.. plus the gloss coat will add a huge improvement to the eye effect... just snapped them quick outside with the head on my finger :) But also wanted to compare the flesh color I painted with actual flesh color...

Last edited:
Looks good. Once I saw your unpainted and dremeled hs I knew it would look so much better.

no secret to the flesh tones... just oil paints and pastel chalks... I am a bit rushed for time right now, but I will list everything I used later tonight..

Really, really nice job, Mike.:bow That is how SS's should have looked. If you decide to cast some I'll definitely be interested.

I wouldn't cast them, as that would be too close to stealing their work.. however, what I have done for IndianaFett, which I will gladly do for others here at the board is make the offer that he send me his Belloq head and I would overhaul it ( dremel and paint ) for $65.00 shipped. Now.. as I say this.. I would only do 2 or 3 heads in a month due to not being comfortable taking payment for work I know I cannot turn around and mail quickly.. so the offer is out there.. serious inquiries are welcomed.. I would speculate that upon getting your head in the mail along with paypal payment I could probably get one of these back out in about two weeks... something to consider if you are interested.. but before anyone commits I would advise waiting until I post the final pics.. ( they should look better than these pics.. the eyes and eyebrows look kinda blah right now)... stay tuned.. BTW.. to answer the question regarding the hat.. yes it still fits fine.. I made no alterations to the hair on this one... my Belloq with hat took a serious dremel job to his noggin so he cannot be displayed w/o the hat due to the chunk of hair missing :) but the hat sits much better atop a dremeled head !

It is very cool you are doing this. I might get down on it sometime because it is great work I will just have to figure out my budget for custom work because I have a lot of it going on right now. Keep up the great work.

OK.. here's the paint recipe for the flesh tones.... for a base coat I usually use Liquitex acrylics... this brand comes in different consistencies.. I like the "soft body" paint as it dries really smooth w/o brushstrokes and is thin so it does not mask the detail in the sculpt.. ( you will be amazed when you strip a head of the THICK factory paint how much detail was underneath ).. anyhoo... the base coat is a mix of :
Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Titanium White, Raw Umber, and a tiny tiny touch of Blue... the two sienna colors are mixed equally... then add that mix into a larger portion of white... you just have to experiment though.. there is not a correct mixture here as flesh can obviously vary greatly in shades.. but while mixing these first three colors you will get in the neighborhood of where you want to be in terms of shade.. then throw that tid bit of blue in to knock out the reddish hue and give it a better "fleshy" feel... I use just small amounts of the raw umber to darken the mix if needed.. once that base coat is on and dry I use the exact same colors in OIL PAINTS to vary the skin tones.. mix it a bit heavier with raw umber for around the eyes... (darker).. then I will use a teenie bit of cadmium red on the cheeks, forehead for a flushed look ( a very small bit of this red goes a LOOONG way.. I am talking like a dot the size of a pen head will do you fine.. go little and add more as you go.. because once you do too much of this red it is too late.. ) for the stubble areas I use raw umber.. oil paints just blend really smoothly so that is why I prefer them.. they just take forever and a day to really dry and cure though... then I go in and do some highlights and better stubble effects with chalk pastels... grind the pastel chalk into a powder and brush it into the areas you want... I just use a pale flesh color for highlights and a dark brown and actually a dark army green color for the beard stubble... this would all make better sense if I did a photo tutorial... maybe I can get around to that here soon...

This is about 90% done... still got to touch up the hair a bit.. add gloss to eyes, a tad more color to the lips etc... but you get the idea as to how great these heads can resemble Belloq with a little dremel work and paint... By the way, Indiana Fett.. this is the one I am doing for you... if you have any tweaks you see from this photo just advise..
IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

Not the best photos.. plus the gloss coat will add a huge improvement to the eye effect... just snapped them quick outside with the head on my finger :) But also wanted to compare the flesh color I painted with actual flesh color...

WOW Mike, that looks AMAZING!!! The resculpted chin, the blended fleshtones, the subtle gray stubble...SIMPLY AMAZING! Sooooo excited to get this back with the Indy belts...I'll post photos as soon as I do. The ULTIMATE BELLOQ for sure! :rock :rock :rock

Back