Replacement ring for Jabba throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone have a suggestion on how to replace a missing ring on the front of the Jabba throne environment piece. My kiddo seems to have grabbed and dashed off with one of mine. :slap

Thanks!

Not sure if writing to Sideshow would help...

Frankly I have not seem such an item selling at Ebay.

I guess ultimately you might have to bend a wire as replacement.

Not sure if writing to Sideshow would help...

Frankly I have not seem such an item selling at Ebay.

I guess ultimately you might have to bend a wire as replacement.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I did contact Sideshow but I doubt they'll be able to help.

You can fasten one utilzing standard wire from any local hardware store and then tarnish it to get the desire look. A quick fix idea since I don't think you can get a replacement from Sideshow.

seems like a hardware store would carry cheap key rings that might fit the bill..............of course you would need to paint it up a bit. use a gold paint pen or something (dries more brass colored) & maybe a darker wash of black or brown.......just a thought......:dunno

Yeah I was thinking even like Hobby Lobby or some other crafts store might have something that could be manipulated but I'm not sure.

Any hobby store will sell wire (look in floral section or jewelry sections) and any hardware store will have something you can bend around a pole to get the right shape.

I have seen plenty of cheap very thin key-rings that match pretty close too (not the normal thicker key rings, but the really thin ones you usually get if you get multiple keys made or something).

Sean

Any hobby store will sell wire (look in floral section or jewelry sections) and any hardware store will have something you can bend around a pole to get the right shape.

I have seen plenty of cheap very thin key-rings that match pretty close too (not the normal thicker key rings, but the really thin ones you usually get if you get multiple keys made or something).

Sean

Thanks for the help. I checked the jewelry section over at Micheals during lunch and I think thier might be one or two possiblities.

Same thing here..except the fiance threw them out thinking it was junk...i called sideshow and no luck..that was over a year ago. I personally think the cheap key rings would be good..like ones from a rental car or something thin.

I actually replaced the whole set and sold off the others. I bought my throne incomplete witch was missing three rings. Micheals has jewelers necklace wire thet is a slightly heavier gauge of the original wire ring set. Trust me it makes a worldof difference in appearance. I measured the old rings diameter, shaped tem using a broom handle, sanded the shiny finish off and used the "instant bronze kit" they also sell. Sanded again and used gold metallic to finish off.

Ill post pics after I get off the iPad. I even replaced some broken teeth on the gargoyles head if anyone is interested. both endeavours came out flawless:yess:

I wish i knew how to make these photos bigger. Anyway, Heres the finished handmade rings and repaired gargoyle head teeth. One gargoyle head actually had all the teeth broken out except one.

...and I get to show of my custom R2 also!

For the teeth:
1. I used brown Sculpey and rolled it into little 1 inch rods and baked them for 30 min at 275 degrees, let them cool and get hard. Because of the teeth variation on the throne, I made around 20 rods with different diameter widths of "taper" at the end of each rod.

2. I then used an exact-o knife to cut the tiny teeth from the tips of the rods. Using tweezers, I fitted the teeth in the mouth and cut them down even more depending on the height of the break. I made sure they aligned perfectly and then superglued them in carefully with tweezers. I also carefully sanded around each tooth if needed.

3. I let them dry a while and tested their strength with my fingers, I then painted them metallic gold or bronze, then washed them with an brown umber and used a combination of calypso blue and green to match the tarnish on the gargoyle head unit.

after that, I was stoked!

I'm glad to help. I'm sure every freak has a tooth or two on their jabba throne thatbthey can repair. Those little suckers are fragile.:wave

One of the rings of my throne keeps popping out every now and then, and that's when I realized that a couple of teeth were missing...
Great tutorial, will definitely get this fixed to avoid looking the rings!
:rock!

Back