Repainted James Bond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok. I have started to get back into painting after giving it a break for some years.

Here is my repaint of the Sideshow 12" Sean Connery as James Bond from Goldfinger that I finished earlier this week.

All comments welcome positive and negative.

picture.php

Thanks for looking

Very nicely done. The paint looks much better than the pinkish pastel tones the sculpt original had.

Fantastic. A great paint job really brings out the look. I don't mind the sculpt. But I really think the paint work made the likeness pop. Seriously, great work

Thanks for the comments.

The sculpt isn't perfect. It doesn't compare to what companies can do these days. I think the ears stick out a little and the bottom lip doesn't look quite right either, but I still like it.

The sculpt isn't one of their best, but that repaint really brings out the Connery in it. Excellent job.

Of course it's not perfect, but I think it's a pretty solid sculpt, especially for the year it came out. Even the paint was pretty top-notch at the time. Especially considering it's of an old school Bond, so I don't mind that "old school-ish" appearance so much. Adds to the nostalgia factor.

But this repaint really improves it and makes it more lifelike. I'd like to see some different angles to see how much more Conneryesque you've made it compared to the stock figure.

And it sort of whets my appetite for someone to do a new Connery Bond using today's more advanced realism.

Back