Repainted Drusilla....in all her evil glory..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really curious to see what a reapint would do for Willow too. As bad as the production piece turned out, there is still some of Alyson Hannigan in the sculpt. If the ghostly pale skin and bug eyes were fixed, I'm thinking it might not look too bad.

Awesome work, DA. Most of these figures really shine with a well-executed repaint. The only nitpick I would have is one you couldn't do aything about, and that's her hands still look too small. Funny how the Buck guys tend to have huge mitts and the girls have that same tiny sculpts with the sharp nails. I don't know what's worse, the tiny female SS hands or the huge BBI paws.

I agree about eye makeup, but other than that this is a masterpiece. Creepy scary eccentric Dru. Well done!

I really love what you did to her! She now has that crazed yet beautiful look to her! I also loved your season 8 Xander as well. Can't wait to see what you do next, especially if you can make Willow and Faith look better!

Do you think that Willow can be saved with a repaint at all, or is the twist from the mold just too extreme?

I'm really curious to see what a reapint would do for Willow too. As bad as the production piece turned out, there is still some of Alyson Hannigan in the sculpt. If the ghostly pale skin and bug eyes were fixed, I'm thinking it might not look too bad.

I night be able to answer that. I ran across this on another board

4.jpg

9Medium.jpg

According to the artist, the only 'structural' modifications they did was to sand the forehead and under the chin. True, it's not the best paint job in the world but even now, I think she looks a million times better.

Last edited:
Paintjob looks a bit cadaver-ish, but it definitely shows that you can get a bit more of Alyson Hannigan out of it.

Yes, she looks a bit washed out, but still a lot better then the original.

I've got to have a go at my copy too. Anythings better then that awful look my ones sporting now. :rotfl

Well, got Dru a few weeks ago and have slowly been painting her and fixing that damn fluffy coat collar... also painted the white tips on her fingernails. :rock

DSCN3397.jpg

DSCN3405.jpg

DSCN3399.jpg

DSCN3400.jpg

DSCN3402.jpg

DSCN3404.jpg

wow, GREAT , ...WOW, loved it , and your season 8 xander is the reason i joined this fourm insted of just being a lurker. again wow.

DarkArtist I was just looking at your photos again, and I couldn't help but notice that your Dru's neck appears longer then mine, and also seems to be able to be moved back more then I can with mine too.

Have you done a body swop with her or something, or did I just end up buying the 'runt' of the litter! :confused:

DarkArtist I was just looking at your photos again, and I couldn't help but notice that your Dru's neck appears longer then mine, and also seems to be able to be moved back more then I can with mine too.

Have you done a body swop with her or something, or did I just end up buying the 'runt' of the litter! :confused:

Thanks guys! And Sue, actually... Mine was having that short neck problem as well, but after trimming the collar and such I removed the head and put it back on... And I guess when I pushed it back on it wasn't as shoved in as SSC gives it to you and it gave her a neck again, as well as improved neck articulation.

SSC tends to do this with the females, the heads are shoved all the way on and it gives them the "Franken-Neck" syndrome. I know Willow, Buffy and Dru all had that problem, but after pulling that head a bit it really does help.

Oh thanks for the info love.

I definitely have a go at that. Your version looks soooo much better. I really don't know why they didn't have her looking more like yours.

I hate that 'just been clumped over the head with a shovel' look myself. A female figure looks so much better with a 'swan like neck' then a 'ducks'. :lol

your figure looks awesome DA. this is a figure ive been kinda disappointed with. mainly because of the eyes. your eyes are perfect how do i hire you? i just got my figure out and ripped its head off and reattached it like yours and its a big improvement. though it wasnt fun trying to get it off the body.:banghead but now i can actually move her head around to get some decent poses. thanks for that bit of info.

Last edited:
Amazing work Josh!! I don't have this figure but have seen it in person and your repaint is a huge improvement!! :rock :rock :rock

I'm shooting my deadfest figures and buffy figures with real film tomorrow but I just finished Clem's outfit. I hate sewing. The dye job made his shirt pink instead of maroon, so I'm going to airbrush it with fabric paint.

Back