Action Figure Repainted AOU Titan Hero Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the best battle damage, you want to think in layers. If the metal the suit is made from is a silver colour for ease of weathering(They always say it's a gold/titanium alloy, but lets say silver, just for the colour). Then, lets say they have a dark grey primer, just for contrast, before the red and gold is painted on the parts. So, you want to first paint on a shape of dark grey. Then, inside the outline of that, you can paint your silver. The effect is that something hit the armour, grazed off a large chunk of the gloss, then some red, then some primer, and impacted on the under metal itself, but the metal showing is smaller than the larger impact shape. You get an effect that hints at a few layers in the paint.
Hopefully you can see a similar effect here in these pics:

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

you've gone deep now, love it, great photos and I totally get what you're saying & your example looks fantastic but I think for this I'm just going to stick with the metal scratch effects, It's a look I'm happy with, but I'll be trying the Masking tape trick before I apply the clear coat to try and keep the effect looking realistic.

When taking mine apart, I noticed the one of the arms has no screws to take apart. How are you guys removing the gauntlets?

Has anybody tried adding LEDs in the interactive model? Is the existing electronics inside easily removable? Dying to do one but scared of the financial commitment. I'm only a student and it's a 100 bucks in my local currency. Please help.

Wow! this thread still alive.
I did big one couple month ago and added white and blue LEDs.

well.............after breaking and trashing my 12"........i ordered a 18" and it came out better than i expected. too bad it doesnt fit a detolf.
009_zpsxwwa0usn.jpg

Back