Action Figure Repainted AOU Titan Hero Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Few days ago i bought me another one...define the lines the permanent marker and sandblast it, and made some burned marks on the body so it can be my battle damaged one

Looking good prototype78!

I got one spray paint ($9) from Pep boys auto part store for my Iron man hand.
It is Metalcast,I can't find color code but you can noticed color from the spray paint.
240D0F335677548A0AB9DD

I used all 3spray paints.
230FB833567754850891F7

This red color looks better match than Gaia clear red in my opinion.
If you want more deep rich red, spray 2 or 3 times more.
Check out comparison pics with Hot toys MK4

2702F3335677547713A5DE

2603DD335677547C122FC0

2515DD3356775480038A87

Last edited:
Ironman..thanks, yes i tried with that paint and i cant work with it...every single time i try the red comes out real dark...i have tried with gloss black,chrome and metalcast and gloss black, metallic silver and metalcast and i cant get the results i want..so i gave up on it lol

Available this fall will be a NEW 18 inch Titan Hero Hulkbuster ladies and gents!

Sold as a Walmart Exclusive for $35.

The 18-inch Hulkbuster does offer one awesome feature that the 12-inch Titan Heroes don’t. The front of the giant suit of armor opens up allowing you to stick most of the smaller figures inside. Which means you can put Iron Man at the controls, Thor, Captain America, or even the Hulk if you wanted to create some sort of unstoppable smashing machine that would probably level the entire country.

1321481511899783341.jpg

Have anyone tried putting a Hot Toys Iron man in there? Does it fit?
It would be cool to pose an HT figures sort of climbing out of the HulkBuster, like that one Xm Studio statue concept.

--

Have anyone tried putting a Hot Toys Iron man in there? Does it fit?
It would be cool to pose an HT figures sort of climbing out of the HulkBuster, like that one Xm Studio statue concept.

--
A hot toys iron man doesn't fit in the 18" hasbro, I've tried but the front doesn't close when he's in there, shame!

What types of clear coat has everyone used on this?
I have rust oleum clear gloss, haven't tried it yet, because I haven't finished painting it
But was just curious as to what others have used?
I'll personally like the glossy finishes.

What types of clear coat has everyone used on this?
I have rust oleum clear gloss, haven't tried it yet, because I haven't finished painting it
But was just curious as to what others have used?
I'll personally like the glossy finishes.

Halfords do a nice clear lacquer. One very light coat adds a bit of gloss, but you can do a few coats(Very light coats, allowing each to dry before starting the next one).

I've not used that one, but the one i have(An automotive product), works fine. A few light coats gives a light gloss, and doing several coats gives a nice reflective surface. If you intend to keep the BD paintwork, You might want to cut some tiny scraps of masking tape to cover the BD(All in random shapes, really small with irregular edges). You apply those over the silver paint parts, and spray the clear over it. When you are eventually done with the clear, you remove those parts and the silver(and surrounding red paint) has no gloss on it, like the gloss was worn through before the paintwork got scratched.
And when i say small scraps, i mean small. Like as a small as a sesame seed, but with sharp edges(So you can maybe apply a few over a large piece of battle damage paintwork, to give a ragged shape without gloss.
If that makes sense.

I've not used that one, but the one i have(An automotive product), works fine. A few light coats gives a light gloss, and doing several coats gives a nice reflective surface. If you intend to keep the BD paintwork, You might want to cut some tiny scraps of masking tape to cover the BD(All in random shapes, really small with irregular edges). You apply those over the silver paint parts, and spray the clear over it. When you are eventually done with the clear, you remove those parts and the silver(and surrounding red paint) has no gloss on it, like the gloss was worn through before the paintwork got scratched.
And when i say small scraps, i mean small. Like as a small as a sesame seed, but with sharp edges(So you can maybe apply a few over a large piece of battle damage paintwork, to give a ragged shape without gloss.
If that makes sense.

Woah! I never thought to do that, but that does make sense for the overall look.
Yeah I'll be keeping the battle damage I think it really adds to the realism and gives it a real bad a55 look
So the masking tape trick is definitely something for me to consider. Thanks again dude :)

Woah! I never thought to do that, but that does make sense for the overall look.
Yeah I'll be keeping the battle damage I think it really adds to the realism and gives it a real bad a55 look
So the masking tape trick is definitely something for me to consider. Thanks again dude :)

For the best battle damage, you want to think in layers. If the metal the suit is made from is a silver colour for ease of weathering(They always say it's a gold/titanium alloy, but lets say silver, just for the colour). Then, lets say they have a dark grey primer, just for contrast, before the red and gold is painted on the parts. So, you want to first paint on a shape of dark grey. Then, inside the outline of that, you can paint your silver. The effect is that something hit the armour, grazed off a large chunk of the gloss, then some red, then some primer, and impacted on the under metal itself, but the metal showing is smaller than the larger impact shape. You get an effect that hints at a few layers in the paint.
Hopefully you can see a similar effect here in these pics:

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

Back