REPAINT: Darth Vader Mythos Without Orange Glow!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The glow wouldn't be such an issue if it was executed properly. It doesn't even look like a reflection, it just looks like orange paint slapped all over and it's not even in the appropriate areas. Why would soft materials reflect that much, armor would but not the material goods.
I think the repainted version is way better then the original and I'm seriously considering doing the same with mine.

The glow wouldn't be such an issue if it was executed properly. It doesn't even look like a reflection, it just looks like orange paint slapped all over and it's not even in the appropriate areas. Why would soft materials reflect that much, armor would but not the material goods.
I think the repainted version is way better then the original and I'm seriously considering doing the same with mine.

Exactly. I don't have a problem with the idea behind the design. Only the execution.
It doesn't come off as reflective light from the molten lava below (or whatever that is).

Instead, it has the appearance of being handled by someone who just got through eating cheesy poofs.

cheesepoofs.jpg

If I do repaint mine I'll wet sand the orange reflection to begin with and see if I can get it to an acceptable look otherwise black it is.

Take a few progress shots for us man, ve interested in how the sanding looks

Back