REPAINT: Darth Vader Mythos Without Orange Glow!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good!
I might have to expanding my plans of repaining the helmet-in-hand to repaining the entire figure... But i'll start with the helmet, see how that turns out.

Excellent job!! :clap This is how the statue should have looked like in the first place. The original looks like a traffic cone. If SS would have done it like this, I would have bought it.

Nice work. But while I wish the orange glow had been toned down a little, I still prefer it to an all-black Vader. It adds character to the piece. And at some point you have to ask how he could be standing so close to a lava field and not have a glow.

My wife says your repaint looks better than my statue, though, so what do I know?

Nice work. But while I wish the orange glow had been toned down a little, I still prefer it to an all-black Vader. It adds character to the piece. And at some point you have to ask how he could be standing so close to a lava field and not have a glow.

My wife says your repaint looks better than my statue, though, so what do I know?

n-prac-fami-prac.gif

Love that...awesome....More Vaders woulda sold including more Sauron PF's...grats on the great paintjob

One other aspect that's even more obvious, the finish on Vader's helmet makes more sense with the rest of his uniform in your repaint.
On Sideshow's, the high gloss clean helmet looks so out of place with the weathered uniform.

Yep, have to echo the thoughts of everyone...great repaint job :clap Despite the scale being the only reason why I couldn't get into the Mythos Line, I have to say that overall I have been blown away by how incredibly detailed some of these pieces are...notably the Obi Wan and Gammorean Guard...really awesome statues!!!

Yep, have to echo the thoughts of everyone...great repaint job :clap Despite the scale being the only reason why I couldn't get into the Mythos Line, I have to say that overall I have been blown away by how incredibly detailed some of these pieces are...notably the Obi Wan and Gammorean Guard...really awesome statues!!!

Thanks! You really owe it to yourself to check them out. I have owned the best of the 1/6 scale star wars stuff as well as several PFs, but this line has them beat in the detail, the presence, the dynamics. It's just hard to explain, but it's just so much more than even a PF. With the right paint job, it looks like mixed media, but with the flowing capes and so much detail and different ways to pose it, it's the only line I have left!

That looks fantastic! Actually, I think I like it better! Love you you left the tinge on the bottom of the cape.

Thanks guys, actually, since I will be doing more, I have put this up for sale in the For Sale section.

Back