Removing Medicom Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pzrwest

Freakzoid
Reaction score
How do you remove the armor on Medicom figures? Especially the chest armor and hip armor? How were these originally applied to the figure? What type of plastic was used for the armor? Ultra sonic welding or some type of glue? Thank you in advance for any info on these questions..... Harold

Is it the Clone armour you're talking about ? If so , I'm stumped , as the chest armour is virtually seamless . I also can't see how the groin armour could be removed . The only way I could see would be to cut it down each side , but this would be VERY difficult to do without damaging the undersuit . Why do you want to remove it ? If it's to put it on another type of body , I'd imagine it'd be difficult to find one that the armour fits .:dunno

There is what appears to be a seam on each side of the chest armor but could also be just molded in seam. Still curious how they got the chest armor on the figure to start with!!!! Sure is a puzzle to me, how they got it over the arms

Well for the Sideshow ones i placed a small screwdriver underneath the armour and levered it about until the glue cracked.

Heat the armor up with a hair dryer. Makes it go soft and slide it off. Save the chest armor for last. Heat it up with arms raised and pull it up and off. That's how I did it.

Was just curious too chicken to take the chance of messing things up. Finally learned to leave things alone if you don't know what you are doing..... LOL ..... Harold

Knowing how fragile the Medicom bodies are, they might break if we try to remove the armor

The medicom bodies will break if you look at them sideways on Tuesdays, so don't worry how to get the armour off, but back onto another body

The medicom bodies will break if you look at them sideways on Tuesdays, so don't worry how to get the armour off, but back onto another body

I've never "got " this . I've 5 Medi clones and ALL the bodies seem sturdy with nice firm joints .:dunno

I've never "got " this . I've 5 Medi clones and ALL the bodies seem sturdy with nice firm joints .:dunno

Yeah I thought the same until I went to repose jango after a couple of years, the slightest movement his arm came clear off.
Anybody interested can make me an offer on the medi, clone and sandie , have the boxes but will need a clean. Display only posed then left, smoke free sunlight free

Last edited:
I have 4 Medicom figures and another one on the way. Side by side beside the SSC clone trooper they are very close in height etc. Only thing that sets them apart is the Medicom figure have a glossy surface to the armor where the SSC figures are matt surface

I've said it before and I'll say it again , the Medicom Clones get a bad press , but I'm a fan . I have no problem displaying them alongside my Sideshow Clones , especially my customised ones .

I'm going to try and give one a shot of Testors Dull Coat and see how it turns out. I have heard that enamels won't dry properly applied directly to the Medicom armor plastic

I'm going to try and give one a shot of Testors Dull Coat and see how it turns out. I have heard that enamels won't dry properly applied directly to the Medicom armor plastic

That's right , you need to use an acrylic/water based medium .Testors should do the job . I find Humbrol spray cans work well with the plastic .

Back