Regarding Hot Toys (actualy any make) 1/6 female bodies.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asgardianboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I am trying to make a female kitbash, and when it comes to base bodies, I like them Hot Toys and with double jointed neck (more expressive than sigle jointed ones).

I still haven't performed a comprehensive search, but from what I have already seen, I am really wondering if there has been ANY 1/6 female body, of any brand, with double jointed necks.

Some help with this anyone?

Thanks to everyone willing to help!

Regards,
m.

I think TBLeague (Phicen) has far surpassed any company when it comes to female bodies. The articulation is insane.

I think TBLeague (Phicen) has far surpassed any company when it comes to female bodies. The articulation is insane.

But the look is problematic. its for a very specific. I am not a fan of the design of their bodies. the hips are generally too narrow while the shoulders too wide. The bust usually sits too high, even for the small chested options the breasts look like fake breasts.

I only recommend these bodies for very specific characters. ones who are partially clothed and very tall and lean with athletic builds.

Hi everybody.

I am trying to make a female kitbash, and when it comes to base bodies, I like them Hot Toys and with double jointed neck (more expressive than sigle jointed ones).

I still haven't performed a comprehensive search, but from what I have already seen, I am really wondering if there has been ANY 1/6 female body, of any brand, with double jointed necks.

Some help with this anyone?

Thanks to everyone willing to help!

Regards,
m.

You're in luck. Both the Hot Toys and Phicen/TBLeague bodies have double-jointed necks. The first joint is the obvious one where the base of the skull connects to the neck. The second joint is buried down inside the torso and hidden behind the rubber skin. I have one of each on my desk at the moment that are WIP kitbashes.

Thanks everybody for your contributions.

@ Raymond: Phicen bodies are so perfectly sexy that I am not sure just how natural they would look once fully clothed. They are also more expensive (rightly so). I am looking for some cheaper, fully articulated, normally endowed female body.

@ cryoguns: as far as I know an articulation that's hidden beneath rubber can't be as flexible as one that's free (am I right, particularly with those Phicen or Hot Toys bodies you mentioned?). Since the kitbashes I am planning are to be covered in clothes up to the neck, I don't need good-looking, more expensive, prone-to-deteriorate bodies with a rubber layer hurting good old, well performing, plastic articulations. Hence my original (more specific now) question:

Is there any 1/6 body by any manufacturer (but HT-compatible) that has double jointed (and rubber-less) necks for optimum articulation(, and that can be had within the $20-$30 range)?

Thanks again!

Regards,
m.

You're in luck. Both the Hot Toys and Phicen/TBLeague bodies have double-jointed necks. The first joint is the obvious one where the base of the skull connects to the neck. The second joint is buried down inside the torso and hidden behind the rubber skin. I have one of each on my desk at the moment that are WIP kitbashes.

The cheaper options have double neck articulation too. I purchased a few from different sellers, and they are pretty decent. Jiaou doll JX and Damtoys female body, they're all cheap and almost as good as the Hot Toys bodies. The Verycool FX body is good too, but the plastic is lesser quality.

Here's a comparative pic. From left to right, Threezero Ned Stark male body, Jiaou doll JX, Damtoys female body, and Asmus teenager body. Hope it helps.
bodycompare.jpg

@ cryoguns: as far as I know an articulation that's hidden beneath rubber can't be as flexible as one that's free (am I right, particularly with those Phicen or Hot Toys bodies you mentioned?). Since the kitbashes I am planning are to be covered in clothes up to the neck, I don't need good-looking, more expensive, prone-to-deteriorate bodies with a rubber layer hurting good old, well performing, plastic articulations. Hence my original (more specific now) question:

Is there any 1/6 body by any manufacturer (but HT-compatible) that has double jointed (and rubber-less) necks for optimum articulation(, and that can be had within the $20-$30 range)?

Thanks again!

Regards,
m.

So the answer is yes and no. Yes, any rubber covered body is going to inhibit articulation to some degree. No, you're not losing any useful articulation. By this, I mean that you're still going to have an approximately normal human range of motion in either a Hot Toys or Phicen body. While the rubber covering over the neck will restrict the absolute maximum limits than the same joint would without a rubber covering, they're also unnatural extremes of neck poses. So really, you're not losing anything useful...unless you're wanting to pose your figure like it has a broken neck.

My best advice would be to try one of each. The Hot Toys female body is my favorite clothed body since it has good proportions, form, articulation, and holds poses well. The Phicen/TBLeague body looks best in more revealing clothes where elbows, knees, shoulders, etc will be exposed. Since you're wanting a fully clothed figure, I'd recommend the HT one as the best articulation and quality. I do understand it's slightly more than your budget, but you also get what you pay for.

OK... Interesting and unexpected.
Could you illustrate a little bit just how flexible those 2 rubberized necks are? A few pictures showcasing it.
Thanks,
m.

So the answer is yes and no. Yes, any rubber covered body is going to inhibit articulation to some degree. No, you're not losing any useful articulation. By this, I mean that you're still going to have an approximately normal human range of motion in either a Hot Toys or Phicen body. While the rubber covering over the neck will restrict the absolute maximum limits than the same joint would without a rubber covering, they're also unnatural extremes of neck poses. So really, you're not losing anything useful...unless you're wanting to pose your figure like it has a broken neck.

My best advice would be to try one of each. The Hot Toys female body is my favorite clothed body since it has good proportions, form, articulation, and holds poses well. The Phicen/TBLeague body looks best in more revealing clothes where elbows, knees, shoulders, etc will be exposed. Since you're wanting a fully clothed figure, I'd recommend the HT one as the best articulation and quality. I do understand it's slightly more than your budget, but you also get what you pay for.

None of the female bodies has double jointed necks! We have been talking of double jointed female bodies all along!
What do you mean? Is there a mistake?
Regards,
m.

Here's a comparative pic. From left to right, Threezero Ned Stark male body, Jiaou doll JX, Damtoys female body, and Asmus teenager body. Hope it helps.
View attachment 402678

None of the female bodies has double jointed necks!
all female bodies have 8-jointed necks - 6 between 7 neck bones and 2 on the sides :dunno

skeleton-of-human-neck-bones-skeleton-of-human-neck-bones-human-anatomy-charts.jpg

but seriously. what do you mean by double jointed neck? which joints do you count?

p.s. was it you who needed robocop chair dimensions? i repositioned my robocop recently and wanted to measure the chair but forgot who needed those sizes :slap

They are double jointed! The body has soft plastic covering the neck. The Hot Toys are identical. There's also articulation between the torso and hips, but it's covered by soft plastic too.

he might mean that a joint between the neck and the body is 1 joint. and the joint between the neck and the head doesn't count.
if so, then double jointed will be like HT terminators. they have a joint between neck & body, then a joint between the neck & peg, then a joint between said peg and finally the head (which doesn't count), so they are "double jointed", as opposed to Phicen which are then "single-jointed" because they don't have that extra joint in the middle.

Yeah, it's a JX Toys, for some reason it was labeled as Jiaou in AliExpress. Now they're not available anymore, I think, but can be found in eBay. There's a bunch of similar bodies. I purchased three of them randomly for a custom project, to see how they looked in hand.

Back