Reference links for customizers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recent Updates...

Added a new Gladiator image gallery. This is a must see if you are participating in the Gladiator customs here on the board.

Added a section for techniques. I need more links to threads about this subject.

Re: Custom Artist availability

Perhaps if someone is willing and able (i.e a mod), we could add links on the front page directing potential commissioners to the websites and/or threads containing examples of the work of the commissionees... Just to give some of the lesser known artists by name a chance to get some attention as well..?

Just a thought.

This is a good idea. Also what would help members out would be to have a link that gives a small intro of the artist and expertise and samples of their work. This way, people can learn more about the artist, and have access to view their work all in one central location. Browsing through multiple treads is very difficult with all the member feed back. Just a friendly suggestion... :)

Sounds good Josh.

I am less available in March that I was, due to the backlog catchup situation, but by the last week of March I hope to be able to begin taking names and lists for Mid-late April work, and all May work, as I will work pretty much month to month only after my Mid April catchup has been reached.

So, I am NOT available NOW, but will be by month's end.
Hope that helps. I will be back! :rock

Repaint-Banner.png

Does anyone know a customerizer who can make me a set of clothes for a Jack Nicholson Joker custom? I already have the head and body, I just need the clothes.

Still backlogged, but am working to be unbacked by the end of May. That is the plan.
Will be taking LIMITED headpaints after that, due to some projects, Mola Ram and some personal ones, and come September, not sure I will be taking any headpaints at all. Might be retiring from that completely. Not sure but most likely.
Until then, taking limited and few.
I will update this as I can.

Hello,

Is there an artist who would be willing to take on an apprentice to teach them how to do repaints in Northern California or point me to a class that I can take or books?

Last edited:

Hello,

Is there an artist who would be willing to take on an apprentice to teach them how to do repaints in Northern California or point me to a class that I can take or books?

God, I wish I could! :D
Not likely over here. Best of luck with that.

Still off the main list. I have announced a retirement to come, after I get caught up with my standing backlog, then I am unsure I will take much in the way of headpaints. There are some mighty painters here now, so I will not be missed. :rock

But I will be doing other ongoing projects, and some minor paintwork here and there. Some will see it's way here. There may be limited runs of painted work available from me from those at that time.

Thanks to all who have come to me up til now, and have waited :eek: patiently, and have finally gotten my work. I hope it was all worth your waits, and that those that await these final pieces still in progress will find the satisfactions you all deserve.

Les

Re: Reference links for customizers and Custom Artist Availability!

Looking for someone to re-paint my Neca 18" Endo-skeleton. I've seen a couple of the re-painted to look like chrome. I'll pay for shipping to and from you with your re-paint price of coarse. Here's a pic of the Endo.
117_0110.jpg

What the heck? Why do these two threads need to be combined? They don't really mesh all that well if you ask me.

Can a mod un-combine these threads please? They don't belong together, and most of the posts from my thread were deleted when these were grouped.

does anybody know how to make custom anime like characters in sideshow size i will pay for a custum sideshow naruto lol

I need someone to paint a head sculpt for me. Is anyone availabe to so it?

I combined them because we had too many threads cluttering up the sticky area, I know it doesn't mesh all that well, but it is at least accessible and both are primarily first page threads.

RETIRED
Looking less and less like I will be available at all for future headpaint work.
Still working my way through my still large backlog, so that has taken total priority over new work. (And please, there are no more Spikey haired Hicks heads requests. Sorry.)

In the meantime, I will be selling old pieces along and along to make new money, for shipping as well as bills, and a few new works are still to be paid upon completion, so some shipping money will be available again as I complete those.

So, looks like I will not be in the head repaint end of things at all anymore. Hoping to eventually move into new areas and get back to why I got into this hobby in the first place, to collect, enjoy, share and to do some real art with it all again, so I think it's as good a time as any to be officially retired.

I'll miss it, but best let the newer, younger guys take this whole thing further and sit back and enjoy it all with you all again, from the sidelines.

I just hope my little artsy contribution period in this hobby have been a help to it being a better and more enjoyable experience for everyone, and not a hindrance. in other words, I hope one day it is my body of finished work that is remembered and not my delays.

Look for occasional new custom figure works whenever time let's me get to them again. Until then 1/6 repaints world, Adieu! :duff

(Am working on finishing my backlog of work by summer 09's end. See my update thread for those until I am caught up. Thanks)

CUSTOM CAKE TOPPER.. Hello I am looking for a sculpture to take on making a cake topper for my wedding. The sculpture would be of my fiance and I, we shill be dressed like princess leia and I will be dress like a storm trooper. let me know if anyone is interested in helping me out. Thank you..

Back