Reeve superman custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverprelude627

Super Freak
Reaction score
I put this together using the mattel superman suit on a HT narrow shoulder body and the Les walker head sculpt,It looks decent enough for display until the HT sup's is released.
supermanmattelrework002.jpg

Last edited:
Have you tried putting it on an Advanced version? I played with different body styles and you can see them on the regular mattel superman thread and see the differences. It has a more defined sculpt on its tricep area.
Looks good though. Did you paint the head yourself? Like you, having this helps me get through the disappointment that we didn't get the HT reveal.

I think the advanced is too muscular at the thighs,I really dont know what other body that would work for what I already had on hand and the way Reeve was built,he wasn't all that muscular but more toned like.The head does seem a bit too big for the body I wil say that and also not crazy about the narrow shoulders but the only other body I had laying around was a triad omega and a bunch of dragon bodies,also the this head sculpt already has a neck on it so my choices for a body can be limited,looks like the head sculpt that amusedjester used is neckless,which head is that by the way?Did you sculpt it yourself?I did not paint it,I got the head painted and sculpted from Les Walker.In any case I just thought I'd play around with the idea and give it a try, for now it is a big improvment to the original MATTEL version,I was getting tired of starring at it so I said what the heck let's try it.

Last edited:
Ok here he is with the triad omega body,I think you'll all agree it's a big improvement compared to the previous HT body I used,I'm sticking with it until we get the HT Reeve sup's.
supermanwithmattelsuit002.jpg

reevephoto5.jpg

supermanwithmattelsuit001.jpg

Just to let you know, the Advanced version has a removable thigh plate. If you remove it, it is basically the same thigh version that you have on right now. When I posted my version on that thread the plate was on, I just never posted a picture without but it looks loads better.
Oops, just saw that you posted a new message.

That does look loads better. The head fits much better, too.

Just to let you know, the Advanced version has a removable thigh plate. If you remove it, it is basically the same thigh version that you have on right now. When I posted my version on that thread the plate was on, I just never posted a picture without but it looks loads better.
Oops, just saw that you posted a new message.

That does look loads better. The head fits much better, too.
yes I do have the advanced version HT body and was gona use it but considering that my head has a neck I think the triad body fits the head better,even tho the advanced body does have the extra neck post to use with a necked head it still didnt look right because the collar of the suit didnt reach high enough to cover the joint,you could see the gap,the body's you used are much better for a neckless head as the neck and collar area is all one sculpted peice,I might use one of those when i get my fenix head sculpt without the neck.

Last edited:
Looks really good silverprelude!

Though have you seen this headsculpt?

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87231

I think this would be the ultimate headsculpt to go with your Supes. I'm sure HT will have to work very hard to top that! I knwo this is what I'm gonna use in the meantime for mine! :D
yes 16k I have already ordered one of the fenix heads and Im probably gona get a suit from moe also.

Personally, I like the TT better than the Triad...

all i had on hand was a few triad omega's and a couple HT truetype bod's,when you say TT do mean truetype ?? Which true type bodys have the sculpted one peice neck and collar?Mine all have the ball joint.Looks like onlt the boxed character figures come with the sculpted one peice neck and collar like the assassins creed ezio figure.

Last edited:
Yeah, I meant the true type. You can get a neck connector to fit the sculpted neck in.
I think the proportions of the TT are better than the Omega, but that's just my opinion.

Hey Good job on that my friend...The first pic body not as good as your sencond pic. The TT is best to use, and with fenix sculpted head your in.

Yeah, I meant the true type. You can get a neck connector to fit the sculpted neck in.
I think the proportions of the TT are better than the Omega, but that's just my opinion.
yes well the TT bodys come with 2 different neck attachments one for a neckless and necked heads,only thing is it dont look the same as the one amusedjester used,his has an all one piece sculpted neck collar where on the basic TT once you put the superman suit on it dont quite reach high enough to cover the the neck joint ,
TTbody.jpg

TTbody002.jpg

I have to add that the body I used is a modified, Enzo body. I replaced the Enzo arms with the one from the Advanced TT version because it had better definition in the tricep area. Not much, I know but when you do a hands on hip pose that shows better. If you don't mind the break in the collar and not having to find the Enzo body, I would suggest just the TT advanced, it has good proportions and allows for more neck movement.

I have to add that the body I used is a modified, Enzo body. I replaced the Enzo arms with the one from the Advanced TT version because it had better definition in the tricep area. Not much, I know but when you do a hands on hip pose that shows better. If you don't mind the break in the collar and not having to find the Enzo body, I would suggest just the TT advanced, it has good proportions and allows for more neck movement.

yea Im gona use my TT advanced with the head I ordered from fenix for next one.I'll leave the other one as is,it still looks pretty good with the triad body.

Wow, that head sculpt is huge.
I think it'll be a bit of a problem getting it to look right on any body...
It looks like it could be to scale with DCD's 13" line.

Beautiful sculpt, but it really looks way too big.
Maybe the sculptor should recast it to make it smaller.

Back