Premium Format Red Sonja Premium Format Figure 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the statue looks pretty good, although I find the design choice of a bandage garter belt on one leg and the wrappings on the one arm a bit weird.

the face sculpt and paint are both top notch, however the production piece you will receive will not have a top notch paint job... These sonja statues always have fantastic prototypes but end up with production paint jobs that are far from prototype level quality. I have purchased both sonja's and neither of them ended up anywhere near as good as the prototype paint. I would be crazy to think that all of a sudden this would change with this one. Doing the same thing over and over (purchasing PO's of SSC statues based on Prototype Paint jobs) and expecting a different result (e.g the final production paint to look exactly like the prototype paint when it never does) is the very definition of insanity...

What exactly was the major letdown from the last one in the paint department? Mine was flawless. Was it custom paint level like my OG Sonja painted by Vicente Torres? No, you'd have to be a moron to think you could get that level from a factory, but it was pretty darn amazing for mass production.

What exactly was the major letdown from the last one in the paint department? Mine was flawless. Was it custom paint level like my OG Sonja painted by Vicente Torres? No, you'd have to be a moron to think you could get that level from a factory, but it was pretty darn amazing for mass production.

It wasn't as steep a dropoff as the 1st version that's for sure.

:lecture

Love everything about this, the pose, the attitude she displays, the craftsmanship, I want to get this even though she doesn't fit the collection... just a beautiful work of art! :clap

the face sculpt and paint are both top notch, however the production piece you will receive will not have a top notch paint job... These sonja statues always have fantastic prototypes but end up with production paint jobs that are far from prototype level quality. I have purchased both sonja's and neither of them ended up anywhere near as good as the prototype paint. I would be crazy to think that all of a sudden this would change with this one. Doing the same thing over and over (purchasing PO's of SSC statues based on Prototype Paint jobs) and expecting a different result (e.g the final production paint to look exactly like the prototype paint when it never does) is the very definition of insanity...

[insert comment about Sideshow likely knowing this is their chance to really up quality and justify price and prove they can match new brands ect etc] :D

red-sonja-queen-of-scavengers-premium-art-print-sideshow-500473-05.jpg

Last edited:

Absolutely agree. Mine is absolutely gorgeous and has a pretty perfect paint job.

Theres a lot of happy morons out there with their Ryu statue from PrototypeZ. Not bad for a 4 man operation. I dont think anyones a moron who expects to get what theyve been sold. Arent we looking at this backwards? Why is a company selling a statue that they have no way of reproducing? Why arent they the morons? :dunno

I'm so out of the loop with PFs outside of the DC section :lol I thought this one was going to be 1/5 like their Dodson Vampi statue.

I think her boobs look more natural this time. And her face, at least the shape, somehow reminds me of Lucy Lawless' facial structure.

b189c16b2510eabbbb11c593c91e5161.jpg

Now that I can see. Good eye.

Back