Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's a return, fresh payment decline or Sideshow trying to shift some Regular Editions :lol

Lol, I'm thinking the last one... They said contact them within 48hrs and they'll hook me up with a reg and free shipping

...course maybe I'm just hoping I don't get some defective return :lol

So, you're trying to say she's Ex or Fail?... Again!

The Regular setup is still an awesome statue.

This one is a huge difference between the two in my opinion. Huge! Both are good but the ex is just so stunning with the large chopped off head. Just wow! I tried the axe and to me it looked so plain no comparison between the two.

Guess who just converted? :joy <------ this guy, that's who!

So freaks, if u got the email from SS to cancel your waitlist res... don't do it!!! May 12 FYI

Holy crap man congrats! See Doc, don't get off man. Its a ****ing trick.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

This one is a huge difference between the two in my opinion. Huge! Both are good but the ex is just so stunning with the large chopped off head. Just wow! I tried the axe and to me it looked so plain no comparison between the two.
I don't know man. Just the ax without the cape she looks amAAAAAYzing

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Personally I agree about the Ex being the only way to go. I didn't even bother taking the axe hand out of the packaging.

Personally I agree about the Ex being the only way to go. I didn't even bother taking the axe hand out of the packaging.

Yes in person this ex is by far one of the very best! Love this ex!

yeah got my wl conversion as well after they sent me the reg offer. Now to decide.

Take it! You won't be disappointed with this stunning ex. The axe in my opinion does not compare when you see this ex in person.

Well..to each his own. I still find the way she has to be holding the head (priority- switchout!) to look inane and awkward. The axe to me is a lot more naturally orientated in her closed fist and makes more sense to me given the rest of her body attitude. For me, the frost head is staying in the box.

Does that mean I'm gonna send back my EX and get a regular?
Of course not. What would the point be? Besides, someday down the road I probably will want to sell it and the mindset of the majority of potential buyers is not going to be "which object looks more natural given her overall body attitude" it's going to be "Severed head?! Cool! More equals better!"

Anyways...I finally found a display angle I like ( a 3/4 , favoring her left side). From this angle it de-emphasizes the horrid mismatch in tones with her purple neck and ashen shoulders and upper chest. Also I can't see the annoying shading all around her right eye, which is made worse because of the bright highlight on her cheek.
With those things not commanding attention I can better appreciate the statues finer points.
One thing I love about this specific angle is how it conveys multiple planes- with the bloody sword visible in the distant background. Head on the composition is just too much of a straight vertical line. IN 3/4 you get a nice flow of shapes, and a more heightened sense of a foreground, middle ground, and background.
I had it displayed both straight on and then in 3/4 from her right side all during the week and just wasn't feeling either of those. In fact I was struggling with sending it back. From this angle here, she's finally a keeper- though I feel a bit like a chump for letting SS get away with such a radical alteration to the paint from the proto.

FFS! Why don't you tell us how great the Ex is one more time?

Yes! The Ex is obviously better because you get both options but there's nothing wrong with the Reg for the guys who missed out on the Ex.
You're obsessed with Ex and ES.

FFS! Why don't you tell us how great the Ex is one more time?

Yes! The Ex is obviously better because you get both options but there's nothing wrong with the Reg for the guys who missed out on the Ex.
You're obsessed with Ex and ES.

And coupons - don't forget coupons!

"The EX being the only way to go" are words I wish us in places where the EX isn't available can also speak of. I agree that this has a great EX though. Kinda makes me wish that the EX was the axe.

Back