Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt is great. The paint is passable. It certainly isn't up to what I would call Sideshow's 'normal' paint quality. It looks like something a smaller company would churn out. A repaint would make this into an incredible piece of art.

Sculpt: 8.5
Paint: 5

RS1.jpg~original

RS2.jpg~original

RS3.jpg~original

RS4.jpg~original

RS5.jpg~original

RS6.jpg~original

RS7.jpg~original

RS8.jpg~original

Fly,

Great photos. Your photos make it look incredible and then you give the paint a 5. I can't even imagine it looking twice as good. :lol

Called SSC. My EX is held up in a container that is grounded due to some fire in a warehouse. Fire didn't reach container but they are grounded for now. Damnit...

What I am noticing from all the photos is that there are different paints
My # is in the 800s and I have a lot of shading on the abdomen with a darker neck
seems to me that some batches were pained slightly different than others
The bad part of this to me is some people get a seemingly better paint job --
The good part is diversity shows real people painted it
I am happy some young lady on the production line spent a extra 15 seconds on mine to make it just a bit better than the one she did before
I like computerfly s scaling idea so give mine
Sculpt: 9.6
Paint: 9

Last edited:
For my a beauty PF statue this Red Sonja, great work SSC!!

1618046_901920436503665_1604405784366376292_o.jpg

WOW, yours looks really nice compared to my undead version...makes me almost want to throw mine out the window when I see this. I guess this is some kinda of lesson how not to spend my money..

I've been collecting anime pvc for years and have never experienced such a bad paint job compared and they cost no more then $80-140 - I expected...more for nearly $400USD...

Why does everybody have such better luck then me? The only GOOD thing I can say is her head meshes with her body tone (which leads me to believe whoever painted her was the same person or sitting side by side, or they select heads that best match the body paint tone when they pack them... or something - otherwise how could the whole statue look greyish undead??)

I am happy some young lady on the production line spent a extra 15 seconds on mine to make it just a bit better than the one she did before

I hate you...

Oh well.... I guess I should be happy on the other hand...it seems like I'm the ONLY one that has the undead version...if she had blood on her lips that trailed down the chin, mine would literally look like a vampire.

That metal chain that goes around her body to hold up her cape. This seems dangerous because it can scrape off her paint on the body. Anyone had any problems with it yet? I've checked mine and I'm scare to move it around. I'm trying to leave it alone so it does not move around. For all we get with this statue I just can't justify the 400.00 price tag on statues like catwoman.

That metal chain that goes around her body to hold up her cape. This seems dangerous because it can scrape off her paint on the body. Anyone had any problems with it yet? I've checked mine and I'm scare to move it around. I'm trying to leave it alone so it does not move around. For all we get with this statue I just can't justify the 400.00 price tag on statues like catwoman.

I had the same fear, thats why I "pick" up the chain off her when I move the cape - although it IS rubber and not metal so I don't think it really has a serious chance of scrapping her unless you really pull hard on it against her.

I had the same fear, thats why I "pick" up the chain off her when I move the cape - although it IS rubber and not metal so I don't think it really has a serious chance of scrapping her unless you really pull hard on it against her.

It's rubber? I sure hope so, it's way safer than any metal. Still looks risky. This ex head is insanely well done. Simplify awesome ex. :clap

It's rubber? I sure hope so, it's way safer than any metal. Still looks risky.

Well maybe I should say soft plastic lol....not "rubber". Its certainly not metal - not any I've ever seen. The "hooks" that the chain goes onto certainly are metal/steel and they contrast greatly against the chain in a way that highlights the chain is plastic plus it doesn't have the right weight, texture or feel too it of metal. It certainly seems like plastic to me....

Correct me if I'm wrong anybody?

Still I'd be careful, even plastic can scrap paint off.

WOW, yours looks really nice compared to my undead version...makes me almost want to throw mine out the window when I see this. I guess this is some kinda of lesson how not to spend my money..

I've been collecting anime pvc for years and have never experienced such a bad paint job compared and they cost no more then $80-140 - I expected...more for nearly $400USD...

Why does everybody have such better luck then me? The only GOOD thing I can say is her head meshes with her body tone (which leads me to believe whoever painted her was the same person or sitting side by side, or they select heads that best match the body paint tone when they pack them... or something - otherwise how could the whole statue look greyish undead??)

I hate you...

Oh well.... I guess I should be happy on the other hand...it seems like I'm the ONLY one that has the undead version...if she had blood on her lips that trailed down the chin, mine would literally look like a vampire.

Post some pics of this ashen skin tone. I haven't seen a single pic that has made it look this way.

Yeah I know but for what we gave up for him I gotta believe. Just love RG3 heart wish his body was just as strong

Thing is, his body is strong. The hits he takes would crush most other guys. Problem is, he's not very good at avoiding hits.

Post some pics of this ashen skin tone. I haven't seen a single pic that has made it look this way.

Just took some photos, the lighter highlights painted on top of the ashen skin base pick up real well in photos/light - which got me thinking, so I took some pictures of her outside and she looked much better.

I guess if I ever have a green house outside she'll have a place in it lol.

Mine looks A LOT like this image:

The first picture I took is a grey comparison, then more inside to highlight her ashen skin. I do realize she looks less "ashen undead" in photos, but thats not the case when directly viewing. The only thing that really seems to give her life is sunlight....no pun intended.

Maybe I need to get her under a true daylight bulb inside? I did notice the statue GOT REALLY warm from only being under the sun for 10 minutes or so.

She looks a lot better outside!

I didn't notice the chain that holds the cape make any scratches, but i got nervous and just removed all the extra pieces.

Last edited:
Wow she looks almost real in that last pic. Great pics guys keep em coming :)

About the cape and belt. The chain is plastic and the rings and hook are metal for the cape. The belt make sure the scabbard for the sword is on the right side of her body because if put the the other way the material on the outside ofntge belt (the rougher side) will rub off onto her skin and then you need a wipe or something to remove it, its sorta gross.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back