Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks excellent. Cant wait for mine. Thanks DHarper and Transient for the great quality pics!! I think peoples pictures should be pre screened before being able to post them on newly released statues that just shipped.

UPS didn't show up until 9 pm. Here are some quick iphone pics. Completely out of lighting, so these were taken with light from a lamp. She looks much better in person.

She really looks great. Thanks for posting. Monday can't get here fast enough.

[

Ever notice that her dagger has one end of the chain attached to the hilt of the dagger? How's that going to work when she goes into battle?

sonja.jpg

Last edited:
well my EX # 20 arrived tonight , i will wait until i get off work tomorrow to see what she looks like in hand

UPS didn't show up until 9 pm. Here are some quick iphone pics. Completely out of lighting, so these were taken with light from a lamp. She looks much better in person.

is the skin color like this in person? great pics

These 2 pictures show how great this figure is. I can't wait to have her displayed with her cape -- looks majestic! Thanks Transient and dharper!

They are decals, but pretty good looking ones to me. The green is darker than the prototype, hopefully my pictures captured that well.

I think the eyes on the final product look fine, but I love how the pupils on the proto look less dilated showing more of the green irises, though i think dilated pupils fit the scenario more.

Looks pretty good to me. I was more worried that they would get sloppy with the chain mail than anything, but these all look good. Still, many people are out on the ledge. Someone should open a window to let them back inside.

I must say this because i do the same thing:
People are trying to see what they want to see. This has been a highly anticipated piece and people want a great statue. After the first set of bad pictures, people panicked. So now with transient's pics they look a little better. But you can tell that the same issues are there as in the bad pics. The skin tones and shading look bad and the face is off. Transient did a great job of lighting it with a spotlight and dramatic lighting. It's made it look much better but still not as good as advertised. People want to believe it is though because they just dropped 400 on a statue they wanted to love. In the end I think this is a mediocre statue.

I had the same issues with apocolypse PF and JSC spidey. I was so excited for these pieces but was very letdown when I got them. The paints apps were poor. Under the perfect lighting conditions they could look decent, but in standard light, they were very boring. Everyone I had come over, didn't like those pieces and said they were the weakest I owned.

Btw I still love sideshow. They can put out some phenomenal stuff. Hellboy is frigging awesome and so is all the Star Wars mythos and conan fury dio.

There's no denying that red Sonja is a lackluster statue. Some people will love it, but I think the factories dropped the ball on this one and they could have hit a home run.

I take issue with that statement. The jury is out, but so far it looks pretty good on the only decent photos we have seen.

Also, cutting and pasting the EXACT same post on two different forums is just lazy.

I take issue with that statement. The jury is out, but so far it looks pretty good on the only decent photos we have seen.

Also, cutting and pasting the EXACT same post on two different forums is just lazy.

Are you accusing him of plagiarizing himself? :wink1:
Why not cut paste if same thoughts different audience. :dunno

The people who don't like her are entitled to their opinion but accusing others of making themselves believe she's better than it actually is... Pathetic!
Stick to expressing your own opinion and stop second guessing others, comes across as desperate to prove yourself right.

I've never had a problem with what has been shown. I am capable of detecting unflattering pictures and waited for people who know how to use a camera to post.
Also safe in the knowledge that 90% of statues look much better in person.

Excited for mine regardless of what others think my motives are :cuckoo:

Looks great... you can really tell the ones that look crappy are from the distortion/ quality of the pic not the statue! Can't wait!

The people who don't like her are entitled to their opinion but accusing others of making themselves believe she's better than it actually is... Pathetic!
Stick to expressing your own opinion and stop second guessing others, comes across as desperate to prove yourself right.

I've never had a problem with what has been shown. I am capable of detecting unflattering pictures and waited for people who know how to use a camera to post.
Also safe in the knowledge that 90% of statues look much better in person.

Excited for mine regardless of what others think my motives are :cuckoo:

:goodpost: totally agree Colin...I'm actually waiting for you to receive yours cos you take good pics and want your thorough verdict on whether its a keeper or not :hi5:

The decapitated head is the best looking part. Maybe it attaches to Sonja's body?

I kid, I kid.

Wow 5 pages and that's on my Tapatalk. Can only imagine how many it is on the site. Okay guys update: just picked her up, she's in my car. Going to meet a friend real quick and go home to unpack this beauty. The box is weird, it's like a flat square lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back