Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on other photos. Here are a few sneak peaks since you guys are focusing on her portrait for now.

These were not taken with any flash, only diffuse daylight fluorescent bulbs shone through pure white muslin fabric in my lightbox.

Any requests feel free, though I do have about 50 pictures I'm sorting through at the moment.

I'm very impressed by this statue and will be keeping her.

8UWHWr5.jpg

R1bKNrI.jpg

A Big Thank you! :clap

God, it IS a beautiful sculpt! Paint those lips to reduce the unintentional ghoulish flavor and maybe we're still in business...

Pics look good to me. I'm baffled people were expecting more.
This is Sideshow we are talking about. They send out poorly painted $2000 Legendary Scale statues.
They have a master painter(s) in the US to do an immaculate job on the prototype and then 100+ cheap factory workers in China rushing through 3000+ copies.
It often results in incorrectly fitting pieces, poorly applied paint details and the infamous googly eyes.....if you avoid those things, its a big tick.
We all understand that when ordering .....keeping fingers crossed they will somehow match the prototype is just silly.

I haven't ordered this but have ordered the Conan: Rage of the Undying PF.
My big fear there is it will be one giant hunk of badly applied orange paint.
The Sonja pics so far give me hope they'll actually produce something decent. I'll breathe a sigh of relief if Conan arrives and they've been able to match the quality displayed here on Sonja.....

Sonja looks good and congrats to those that will have her on the shelf!

Defeat from the jaws of victory, it appears, based on the escalating cancellations and photos that show the character's mouth disappearing into her face. Fascinating creative decision NOT to fully paint a female character's lips, Sideshow! Whoever made these last-minute color scheme "improvements" (weird pigmentation choices and not painting a woman's mouth has nothing to do with production limitations, folks) gets my nomination for a-hole of the year, as this person severely diminished one of the most impressive and eagerly-awaited SS releases for no apparent reason other than dreadful taste. Now we're faced with either the added expense and annoyance of having this beautifully-sculpted statue painted correctly, as originally advertised, or simply throwing in the towel and getting a refund. And none of this had to be... what an idiotic screw-up. Of course, I'm still only reacting to photos of re-envisioned Sonja at this point. UPS hasn't arrived yet, and it's after five out here. All in all, with depressing pictures and no delivery, a downer of a day on the collecting front for Yours Truly.

butthurt.gif

Thanks for the nice photos.

This is really becoming a predictable pattern

1) Rave over the prototype
2) Order
3) Get a shipping notice
4) See the first dark, blurry, crappy phone photos, commence to losing one's mind
5) Get on the intrawebs forums, calling for a revolution against the offending company
6) Renew prescript for Valium, Prozac, and Propecia
7) Get back on the intrawebs, crying your eyes out, on how said production statue has ruined your ability to have a meaningful existence
8) Pop some Prozac
9) Back on forums, telling the masses you have cancelled, after spanking the monkey
10) Cry yourself to sleep for the next week
11) A week later hit the intraweb forums again going off about said statue, you actually didn't cancel, not being shipped yet
12) Receive statue and fall in love with it
13) Never post again in the thread about said statue
14) Wait for next statue you ordered to be released
15) Go to 1

Thanks for the nice photos.

This is really becoming a predictable pattern

1) Rave over the prototype
2) Order
3) Get a shipping notice
4) See the first dark, blurry, crappy phone photos, commence to losing one's mind
5) Get on the intrawebs forums, calling for a revolution against the offending company
6) Renew prescript for Valium, Prozac, and Propecia
7) Get back on the intrawebs, crying your eyes out, on how said production statue has ruined your ability to have a meaningful existence
8) Pop some Prozac
9) Back on forums, telling the masses you have cancelled, after spanking the monkey
10) Cry yourself to sleep for the next week
11) A week later hit the intraweb forums again going off about said statue, you actually didn't cancel, not being shipped yet
12) Receive statue and fall in love with it
13) Never post again in the thread about said statue
14) Wait for next statue you ordered to be released
15) Go to 1

Everyone has right to say what he thinks! I love Sonja and happy to purchase her but if someone thinks that she is not good as the proto, I will let him to speak! I don't like your attitude to the others who doesn't think the way you like or believe!

I'm painting my Sonja's lips
Otherwise happy
Congrats to those who are getting one

Everyone has right to say what he thinks! I love Sonja and happy to purchase her but if someone thinks that she is not good as the proto, I will let him to speak! I don't like your attitude to the others who doesn't think the way you like or believe!

+1 here!
Absolutely agree! :goodpost:

Back