Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures or it ain't going to happen ;)

Mine is coming monday.

Well I life in the Netherlands to, still shipping soon:( Lucky you!!!
I know, they are gonna repaint mine ofc!!! it all makes sense now!!!!!
All jokes aside really not that bad from what i seen i mean lips can be done better but you can Always custom the minor things

Well, it is obvious that she is a little! different than the proto but I still like her and excited to have in my collection cause Sonja was so popular in Turkey when I grew up:) Conan and Sonja have a strong impact on comic lovers who live in Turkey cause in the 80's there were no other titles printed neither from Marvel nor DC:) I will definitely display her with the cape cause it really completes the statue otherwise she looks so naked to my eyes! With the color of cape and fur, her outfit pops out more in my opinion!

. Also I wish her loin cloth was leather, because its not that's going to be the part to watch out for when storing, setting up as I can see that breaking. .

What! Her loin cloth is sculpted? You mean I can't lift it up and look at her butt. That it! I'm canceling right now. (Sarcasm off):wink1:

I'm not going to post pics here because I already did that on SF, but if you like Red Sonja, she is solid statue. However, purists will have no choice but to get a massive repaint....not just on RS skin tone, but also the drab gray like base. I don't know how the hell you get gray for snow. Doesn't make any sense. Here is a pic of her standing between Gladiator Hulk and XM Cap.

Sadly, she is either going back for a refund, or I am going to find someone to sell it to at cost. 7/10 is what I rate it. Great sculpt and nice details...poor paint job (not QC, just choice of colors and tones). QC on this is solid.

Oh...also...this has got to be the most annoying belt I have ever tried to put on a statue. I have no clue how to put it on...even after looking at SS pics. If anyone can post a play by play on how to put it on her, I would appreciate it greatly.

25jk13r.jpg

2yuby0x.jpg

Sorry for the blurry shots.

Hard to tell. Some pics she looks alright. Some not so much. Skin tone looks drastically different. Not going to say that's a horrible thing. I'll know on Monday as to whether or not Sonya goes right back to Cali for some new paint

What! Her loin cloth is sculpted? You mean I can't lift it up and look at her butt. That it! I'm canceling right now. (Sarcasm off):wink1:

Yea, weird that you can take Gladiator Hulk's loincloth off, and check him out in his huggies, but they sculpt all of Sonja's clothes. I sense reverse sexism.
This thread is also strangely quiet, when it should be raging with drama and tears of disappointment...

Here is my honest assessment of Red Sonja PF Exclusive!!!

Better pictures aren't going to change the fact the skin tone is off...even the snow. She looks closer to a lady that is biracial than a Norwegian / Scandinavian girl.

Pros:

1) Base outside of the snow is pretty good.
2) The sculpted details on her clothes and chain mail parts are pretty good.
3) The QC is pretty solid (nothing glaringly wrong)
4) Tony Cipriano did a great sculpt (very curvaceous)
5) The decapitated head is done very well.
6) The mixed media cape is very nicely done.

Cons:

1) The skin tone is off (darker than how I picture her to look).
2) The color of the snow on the base is gray...not white.
3) The eyes are not like they were advertised. The reason for this is the iris is too small and the pupils are too big. More black pupil than green iris.

My assessment = if you are HUMONGOUS Red Sonja fan....you should like the sculpt but be very upset with the skin tone. Lots of nice details on the statue itself and the helmet on the base is pretty nice. After getting her in hand...just like Thor, you are going to have to display her maybe a little lower than usual as she is looking up...not quite as much as the Thor PF, but close enough.

Overall = 8 / 10.

I had to reassess this piece after figuring out how to put her belt on and getting everything looking as she should. I can't believe I completely missed the belt buckle which the belt goes through. Talk about feeling like an idiot.:slap
Anyways, outside of wishing her skin tone was lighter and her irises bigger and the pupils smaller...there is really nothing bad I can say about this statue.

When you don't have a statue correctly assembled, it can kind of piss you off. Once put together properly, I felt much better about this purchase.

Grats to SS on pretty amazing piece. In the way of female statues, I am surprised this went well in the QC department. Very well actually.

My apologies to all for harsher review that I previously posted. I was wrong.

Last edited:
It's nice to read an objective review from someone not completely satisfied with it?
I'm not a humongous Red Sonja fan and only bought it because it looks cool. I didn't expect it to live up to the proto, and I'm torn about that, but unless it's a train wreck, I'll keep it. I'm starting to feel like they should start using a production copy when selling these things.

Last edited:
Well, it is obvious that she is a little! different than the proto but I still like her and excited to have in my collection cause Sonja was so popular in Turkey when I grew up:) Conan and Sonja have a strong impact on comic lovers who live in Turkey cause in the 80's there were no other titles printed neither from Marvel nor DC:) I will definitely display her with the cape cause it really completes the statue otherwise she looks so naked to my eyes! With the color of cape and fur, her outfit pops out more in my opinion!
The red Sonja comic books you read as a kid are incredibly hard to find in high grade
If you have any NM your sitting on a gold mine (equal to this statue )!
red sonja completa vertice (11 comics) y forum - Comprar Otros Forum en todocoleccion - 43134630

It's nice to read an objective review from someone not completely satisfied with it?
I'm not a humongous Red Sonja fan and only bought it because it looks cool. I didn't expect it to live up to the proto, and I'm torn about that, but unless it's a train wreck, I'll keep it. I'm starting to feel like they should start using a production copy when selling these things.

Then they won't sell much.

The way it's sculpted, her butt is still readily visible beneath, no problem there. I was simply commenting how that particular piece is sculpted it's asking to be broken if you're not careful removing the body or storing the statue. Just a comment, not a con of the piece. But the skin tone is the real and only disappointment for me, but still think it's a pretty cool piece overall. Personally I was really impressed with the base and all the other pieces, if the skin tone had come out better this would have been a knock out.

Bummer, I was so excited about this statue. Not is hand yet but I dont like what I see or hear. I should of stayed retired.
smiley-sad023.gif

Working on other photos. Here are a few sneak peaks since you guys are focusing on her portrait for now.

These were not taken with any flash, only diffuse daylight fluorescent bulbs shone through pure white muslin fabric in my lightbox.

Any requests feel free, though I do have about 50 pictures I'm sorting through at the moment.

I'm very impressed by this statue and will be keeping her.

8UWHWr5.jpg

R1bKNrI.jpg

Defeat from the jaws of victory, it appears, based on the escalating cancellations and photos that show the character's mouth disappearing into her face. Fascinating creative decision NOT to fully paint a female character's lips, Sideshow! Whoever made these last-minute color scheme "improvements" (weird pigmentation choices and not painting a woman's mouth has nothing to do with production limitations, folks) gets my nomination for a-hole of the year, as this person severely diminished one of the most impressive and eagerly-awaited SS releases for no apparent reason other than dreadful taste. Now we're faced with either the added expense and annoyance of having this beautifully-sculpted statue painted correctly, as originally advertised, or simply throwing in the towel and getting a refund. And none of this had to be... what an idiotic screw-up. Of course, I'm still only reacting to photos of re-envisioned Sonja at this point. UPS hasn't arrived yet, and it's after five out here. All in all, with depressing pictures and no delivery, a downer of a day on the collecting front for Yours Truly.

This looks good.

I agree she looks fine in that picture. People seems to be all over the place about her skin tone. first she was too tanned, now she too pale. I will withhold judgment until I have her in hand Monday.

Back