Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my pics...

10683448_280489848817233_1725085462186867913_o-2.jpg

10669007_280489935483891_7466556694651891726_o.jpg

Not trying to trash this piece, and I'll reserve my judgment until better quality pics come out but imho there's a huge difference from the pro to to this :( specially with the head sculpt

10621819_10152806543530337_1211132691_n_zpsc5b0e3db.jpg

I think, from what we've seen so far, if people expect the same paint as the proto, they're going to be very disappointed. We're going to get the closest paint job that a factory can pull off. That's it, nothing more. My expectations are set in the reality of that. I won't be happy with something abysmal, but there's no proof of anything close to that, with what we've seen thus far.

As usual, some not so great first photos come out, and the world explodes...
:fireworks

I feel the RAGE storm brewing! :panic:

Jokes aside, she is not what the prototype showed, and I know a lot of people will express anger over this. I guess we need to come to terms with the fact SS does not keep a close enough eye on these final products coming from some of these factorys. I think she looks decent, and I will still enjoy having her in my collection, but depending on how that head comes to me, I might need to get it touched up by my good bud to atleast make everything look clean, and not just spattered on quickly.

Hope we will see more pictures in the next few days!

EDIT: I also think MOST of the time these statues look great! I also do not like it without the cape on, as I feel that adds a lot of needed color to it.

If her face looks this blech in person, she will be returned. The lips are atrocious and the eyes look dead.

I think, from what we've seen so far, if people expect the same paint as the proto, they're going to be very disappointed. We're going to get the closest paint job that a factory can pull off. That's it, nothing more. My expectations are set in the reality of that. I won't be happy with something abysmal, but there's no proof of anything close to that, with what we've seen thus far.

As usual, some not so great first photos come out, and the world explodes...
:fireworks

There are SS statues that have come extremely close to the prototypes... Star Wars Mythos statues, Darth Malgus, Shaak TI, Joker, Superman PF, Gwen & Mary Jane to name a few....

I know you'll go down swinging Pilky as you don't like to lose an argument but those pictures so far look no better then the professional ones SS did... there showing the same thing that the face is way off from the prototype... I don't mind statues falling short of their prototypes but IMO this one is to far off... We might see some better ones as there are multiple people painting these in the factory so who knows... maybe there's hope....

Face differences are making me think of Lara Croft from GH- first pics that rolled in we're atrocious but as more came in she's looking pretty good and everybody's kept her so far- and these pics don't look too bad. I think the color issues on the lips may be the reflective gloss, still would like to see some clear pics of her face with better detail of her eyes

The eyes are a bit more dead which is weird cause honestly you can do MORE with decals and be able to apply them consistently but v0v it's not horrible for me. The lips are just dumb, there's no reason for that. The picture also makes the shading on her head look god damn atrocious, but I think that's just the photos in terms of the shading.

Everything about the production model is darker than the proto website pics- the leather, sword hilt, eyes... It's not just the skin. I'm thinking the same level of detail in the eyes is going to be there, won't know by these latest low rez closeups

Those last pictures were sobering. On a scale of 1 to 10, we've dropped from 10 (convention version) to 7 and a half (what we see here)... astonishing how a sub-adequete paint job can lessen the impact of a piece so dramatically. Still waiting for Sonja's delivery later today; I'll provide my honest in-house response after I've set her up. I have a feeling the statue's actual presence will raise those numbers up again.

Here's some great news I received during my daily web chat with Sideshow -

Sideshow: there was a fire at the port and it caused a delay in us receiving our container on time
we are scheduled to get the container in this week
me: so next week? No chance sooner?
Sideshow: We are hoping to get them in for shipping by the end of this week, but e do not know for certain
me: there's no chance mine is already in a queue to go out?
Sideshow: No
me: awesome
any chance to get a faster shipping upgrade for the delay?
Sideshow: I'm sorry, as of right now we arent discounting anything

So if you haven't received your shipping/tracking info yet, like me, we're probably in the same boat.
That boat is called SOL!

The eyes don't have that shine, plus they are a differnt color, the lips are not painted all the way, the proto shows that its painted further down the curve of the mouth and the nostrils are not painted, these three things make it look cheap. Also looks like the eye liner is not as long and is thicker, changing the overall look. Iono how expensive is it to have this professionally fixed, has anybody done this before??? is it worth keeping? Anybody on here a good painter wanting commissions?, cause you can sign me up please.

Those last pictures were sobering. On a scale of 1 to 10, we've dropped from 10 (convention version) to 7 and a half (what we see here)... astonishing how a sub-adequete paint job can lessen the impact of a piece so dramatically. Still waiting for Sonja's delivery later today; I'll provide my honest in-house response after I've set her up. I have a feeling the statue's actual presence will raise those numbers up again.

Please let us know ASAP, im seriously considering unloading mine :(

I freaked out and cancelled! :)

Seriously though, I did. I was on the fence anyways. I really just want to see it and don't need to own her.
From the pics, I don't really like the finish on her. She doesn't look like she was painted that great. I don't want to keep it if pictures from the company don't even wow me.

I hope you get mine Doctor!
You will convert eventually anyways.

Back