Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I freaked out and cancelled! :)

Seriously though, I did. I was on the fence anyways. I really just want to see it and don't need to own her.
From the pics, I don't really like the finish on her. She doesn't look like she was painted that great. I don't want to keep it if pictures from the company don't even wow me.

I hope you get mine Doctor!
You will convert eventually anyways.

Thanks brother! I wish too! :rock

And thats whats up. Hope you get that pieces that really wow you!

Heres a better quality pic from someone on FB.

580210_10203026546647941_6008641393981353000_n.jpg

Here's another photo (I did not take this!), that I cropped, so people can fall in love with the eyes, all over, again.
Low quality photo so here you go..

10536354_280497248816493_30429082564451691_o.jpg

Last edited:
I will receive her friday and I'll wait until then to take a final decision.

But, just a question: I'm in Canada. Let's suppose I decide to ship her back to Sideshow because I'm not satisfied, do I have to pay for shipping? Is it complicated to get back the canadian taxes paid?

Adjustment #1: she needs her red lips back. These new, unflattering lighter lips are in keeping with the vacant, unhealthy, zombie-like look that this paint job seems determined to promote, as opposed to the fresh and vital Sonja featured at the convention. My statue still hasn't arrived yet, btw, I'm just reacting to the FB photo.

I have skipped.over every picture so far. Lol I've seen glimpses as I passed them on my phone. I will be staying away from FB as well. Do not want to judge anything until I get her tomorrow. Will be staying away from this thread. Good day to you gentleman, til the morrow. Going to call FedEx and see if they can hold her at the depot so I can get her at 9am Lol after i drop the wife to work. :duff

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Looks official to me, both lips are painted- and darker than I originally thought... Weird how the paint on her lips doesn't show up at all in some of these pics, guess it shows what lighting can do. Still hard to see her eye details

Me no likey these pics. The shading on the skin looks dead. I think its probably just the photos though. I look forward to the next round of photos and hopefully they are more flattering.

The very first pic posted kind of left me with that pit at the bottom of my stomach feeling, but the subsequent ones have me feeling better. Hope the ashen/zombie/junkie look is just bad camera flash/lighting.

Here's another photo (I did not take this!), that I cropped, so people can fall in love with the eyes, all over, again.
Low quality photo so here you go..

View attachment 135596

All I can see here is her tongue coming out from between her lips...must be an odd angle. Still odd they didn't paint her lips red, as they'd pop with her hair if they were. I had to cancel the EX a long time ago, so I'm not overly concerned. This is pretty much what happened with Poison Ivy as well, where the face somewhat changed from the Proto and some people didn't mind and others hated the new design. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so there's no point in trying to convince someone to love it if you're able to look past the changes. Just be happy you enjoy it, and that's all that really matters.

While I'm not sure I'd order her again (I was in my "Buy everything that looks awesome" phase) I still fall on the side that is happy with how Ivy turned out, and I hope those who were really looking forward to this one end up with versions that meet their expectations! :)

I received mine today, got a low number too, 19. Overall I think the detail is very nice, the base, severed head, weapons are all awesome. The skin tone on Sonja is not what I expected, it is an odd grayish brown, I was expecting more of a pale salmon from the pics. Maybe its the lighting in the production pics that makes the difference. Also I wish her loin cloth was leather, because its not that's going to be the part to watch out for when storing, setting up as I can see that breaking. The face on mine looks fine, lips look fine. Overall I think the skin tone is biggest deal, she needed a Poison Ivy skin tone this looks like she rolled around in dirt and ash. I just opened the box and inspected the pieces so maybe all setup and under good light it comes across like the production pics.

Strange, that was my main issue with the Spidey Com.
The skin on the Ex portrait looked like it had dirt rubbed on it. One flat skin tone with a bit of black added.
Looked like he'd been up a chimney.

Glad you're happy with her.

Strange, that was my main issue with the Spidey Com.
The skin on the Ex portrait looked like it had dirt rubbed on it. One flat skin tone with a bit of black added.
Looked like he'd been up a chimney.

Glad you're happy with her.

You got this shipping to you Col? Are you happy?

Back