Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I do think the face looks odd now. A tan is fine with a tropic background but the pale skin was beautiful with the snow scape. This changes the story it originally told. Not crazy about that.

Her skin tone looks in line with her comic version.

RSV201CovFrison.jpg

rs53-pr.jpg

Also got a shipping E-mail from SS at 12:47am EST. But it was for My Batman 1:6 Scale Figure.

Truth to tell, nemenforcer, you're right. I agree that the original pale skin/red lips paint scheme was better suited to Red Sonja and her snowy barbarian world; as a result the "story" this newly-painted incarnation tells isn't quite as compelling. SS probably thought these were positive changes (generally, bronzed skin seems healthier than pale, etc.), but ironically, all of the original color and accent choices, even some that seemed a tad unrealistic or on-the-money (those wonderful, now subdued, Elisha Cuthbert eyebrows), happened to be exactly right. All this said, the new version is still utterly breathtaking, an absolute must-have statue, even with the last-minute "tropical" color scheme. Can't wait for her arrival next week!

not look excuses,redhead womens have white skin by nature.

So sideshow awaits the day before send it to show a tanned redhead? That's so cool

but they could have done this weeks ago

Sideshow's Style. :duff

I think people complaining about the skin being tanned - clearly it was just the lighting sideshow used. Granted they originally made her look really pale but when you look at the convention pics (which was also prototype) she looks similarly tanned to how she looks in the new pics. For me her face has fallen totally flat. They eyes look awful and leaves me worried about Emma Frost who's face is such an important feature. Looks like her lips aren't glossed either which is odd and I can see people complaining about the neck joint.

She is an awesome looking statue though and you can't nock the rest of her looks brilliant.

Then that makes even less sense as to why the eyes would be less detailed. So you're saying that SSC went out of their way to create a set of decals that has no pupils? Why not make the decals perfect if they just need to make them once and then print out 4500 copies.
I'm on my phone. Expanded the picture and , for me, it's not clear enough to to make those judgements.
I'll have a look on the laptop or wait 'till she arrives before calling the exectutioner.
:rotfl best comment I've ever read on here
Glad someone enjoyed it :duff :lol

I think people complaining about the skin being tanned - clearly it was just the lighting sideshow used. Granted they originally made her look really pale but when you look at the convention pics (which was also prototype) she looks similarly tanned to how she looks in the new pics. For me her face has fallen totally flat. They eyes look awful and leaves me worried about Emma Frost who's face is such an important feature. Looks like her lips aren't glossed either which is odd and I can see people complaining about the neck joint.

She is an awesome looking statue though and you can't nock the rest of her looks brilliant.

exactly. Everybody is getting freaked over nothing. These arent "last minute color changes". She's the same color she's always been.
red2.jpg
red3.jpg

Personally I don't think it a bad thing she's got less rouge. lipstick and lip gloss. This is a barbarian, not Snow White or Heidi Klum.

...but that's ok if you think so- be pissed and cancel :naughty

Yeah, not sure why people are posting convention pics as proof that the production piece is the same. They're clearly different, from the skin tone to (especially) face detail.

I didn't order ...but think it looks great ....actually gives me faith the upcoming Conan PF will make it through production okay.

I can't take the wait anymore!!! Everytime my email alert goes off im hoping it's from Sideshow telling me it shipped even though it's still early morning out here. I must see her!

The biggest change is the face. Darker shades mask details just ask chics trying to cover waht they perceive as flaws. Her body and face look as though it is covered with generic glossy "flesh" color paint.

Before these pics no one had brought up any difference between what was shown at SDCC'13 and Sideshow's website pictures.

Of course I will see this for myself to decide. This is my first true 1/4 scale piece from Sideshow.

Accurate or not these pictures are a disappointment and highlight the perception that Sideshow advertises something it cannot deliver.

Here is a key question for when anyone sees these pictures or gets one of these in hand. And it can be hard to answer honestly.

As I was undecided in October would I have jumped on the waitlist in December if these were the pictures that were available?

Very likely, no.

This really looks comparable to what they posted now?
Red-Sonja-Premium-Format-Figure-006.jpg200258-red-sonja-009.jpg

I can't take the wait anymore!!! Everytime my email alert goes off im hoping it's from Sideshow telling me it shipped even though it's still early morning out here. I must see her!

lol, I hear you... except I'm looking for conversion notice... THEN shipping notice haha

Red123.jpg
:monkey5

Back