Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my #1 choice for pickup since SDCC, absolute 1st day PO. Hopefully exclusive will be limited and make it a more sought after item. Either way sculpt is amazing and must have!

I believe during SDCC they said the Ex is the arm holding the cut off head. Which is pretty visually stunning. Reminds me of Clash of the Titans type pose with Medusa's head in hand.

Well Conan and LOTR are what drew me to SSC. This falling into the family of the former means it cannot be missed.

Statue looks great...But I'm afraid of all the skin color on this...I haven't been very happy with SS's paint jobs on women with skin apps. You think it will be ok? Definitely picking up the EX version.

Statue looks great...But I'm afraid of all the skin color on this...I haven't been very happy with SS's paint jobs on women with skin apps. You think it will be ok? Definitely picking up the EX version.
Didn't want to say it but you just did. Yeh, I can imagine issues with this.
That raised arm will need to be a tight fit with the weight of the severed head especially. A lot of paint there that needs care and attention, something SS hasn't been good at recently.
Would love to wait for in hand pictures but if I'm getting this it needs to be an Ex :gah:
if the frost giant head is ex, what is the point of a bloody sword for the regular????????????
For this I'm going to say it...Ex or fail! Sword and axe doesn't work imo.
How tall is this statue?
They haven't told us :mad:

I have the Lara Croft Guardian of Light PF which shows a lot of skin (albeit not as much as Sonja) that I am really happy with the paint app of. Not sure if their paint quality on skin-tone pieces has dipped since her and Vampi, but I'm hoping that they can nail it.

My biggest concern on this piece is how her chain mail bikini comes out. It seems like it would be very easy to be sloppy and overpaint onto 'skin' areas instead of carefully painting each small circular piece of chain mail silver. It seems like they've gone with painting in between each of them which I'm okay with, but really sloppy edges could be a deal breaker.

The removable cloak will make a lot of people happy.

gDRka.gif

Back