Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
???? I'm sorry is no one else supposed to have an opinion? If you're okay to pay ridiculous prices for statues that dont warrant it then go ahead, your prerogative. Maybe you should be in a thread for Gentle Giant, Medicom or Play Arts? I personally would not and dont think anyone else should either.

@ Monger: And I doubt that the Pacific Rim license cost any more because other companies are also doing Pacific Rim related products, it isn't in demand like you think it may be as well. It probably has more to do with Sideshow designing a lot of it using their artists and the movie's production crew. Also the fact that they have Guillermo's name tied into it so they THINK they can charge these prices based on that.

I didn't say anything about your opinion, my reaction was based on your assumption about the price of the statue. You just stated she was going to more expensive than the Conan statue even though she's smaller and has less going on. I just think that maybe you're jumping the gun saying this piece will be priced at $470. I don't get how you can think that with out any verifiable information at your disposal. We don't know how much the license cost them and we don't know the price. Coming out and ranting about the price when it's completely unknown and we don't have anything to look at as comparable unless you want to look at comic based Premium Formats which have all been priced south of $400, which goes against your guess.

Just saying, maybe you should relax a second and wait until they over price her, then blow a gasket.:rotfl

EDIT: Oh and they had the Pacific Rim license before the movie came out, so the Production Company for the film could have charged a premium and Sideshow may have taken a gamble thinking it was going to be bigger than it was. Wouldn't be the first time.

I didn't say anything about your opinion, my reaction was based on your assumption about the price of the statue. You just stated she was going to more expensive than the Conan statue even though she's smaller and has less going on. I just think that maybe you're jumping the gun saying this piece will be priced at $470. I don't get how you can think that with out any verifiable information at your disposal. We don't know how much the license cost them and we don't know the price. Coming out and ranting about the price when it's completely unknown and we don't have anything to look at as comparable unless you want to look at comic based Premium Formats which have all been priced south of $400, which goes against your guess.

Just saying, maybe you should relax a second and wait until they over price her, then blow a gasket.:rotfl

EDIT: Oh and they had the Pacific Rim license before the movie came out, so the Production Company for the film could have charged a premium and Sideshow may have taken a gamble thinking it was going to be bigger than it was. Wouldn't be the first time.

Pacific Rim is going crazy in Asia

Lol no man you got me wrong. I said that based on the price of the Slattern figure (which to be honest I'm sure you dont agree is worth $470 which has less going on for it) she will be around the same price as Conan. The Conan figure I can justify to myself based on the overall size and the work that has gone into it.

Also to think that the production company would charge a premium to the company that they went to and worked with to design the characters would pay a premium goes against all existing business models and thats why I think SS is gouging us on that license (because they CAN) because both the Gypsy Danger and the Knifehead are cheaper. That would therefore make NECA's toys more expensive would it not? But they aren't.

Lol and about blowing a gasket, man I'm going to buy her regardless hehehe. I just hope to god they keep her under 400 and not play us.
Im just ranting based on recent price hikes that do not relate to what we're getting. Not specifically on the hypothetical RS PF. :peace

Hope you didn't Burn yourself my Friend? that said, Canada does have some Lax Cannabis Laws :exactly: :lol:lol:lol

Next time you're up here in the Great White North, PM me. I'll smoke you a blunt!:peace (that goes for the rest of the Freaks too :) )

@Josh-a-Tron: INK is right about the overseas craziness for the film. But if thats the case then technically the figure should be cheaper - because conversion rate and overall shipping fees would destroy wallets overseas.

Hope you didn't Burn yourself my Friend? that said, Canada does have some Lax Cannabis Laws :exactly: :lol:lol:lol

Michigan is also a "medically" lenient state here in the U.S. It's everywhere. I have been told its pretty good for the average back pain. :lol

In addition I guess nowadays these crazy kids are also enjoying a little snack before and during hours of gaming. Supposedly its the only way to "get in the zone". Of course these are only rumors

Last edited:
Michigan is also a "medically" lenient state here in the U.S. It's everywhere. I have been told its pretty good for the average back pain. :lol

Yeah but you'll pay more for less quality and it won't be as easily accessible. Lol starting to sound like Gentle Giant (minus the accessibility). What you'd pay for a gram of AMAZING stuff there I'd get here for a 1/4 of the price.

Yeah but you'll pay more for less quality and it won't be as easily accessible. Lol starting to sound like Gentle Giant (minus the accessibility). What you'd pay for a gram of AMAZING stuff there I'd get here for a 1/4 of the price.

Unless you know of a guy that knows a guy that's friends with a guy who happens to be a botanist with a healthy knack for growing indoors. I'd say if you knew that guy you may not pay for anything and although this is purely hypothetical the quality may be so good that it knocks your socks off :thud:

Lol no man you got me wrong. I said that based on the price of the Slattern figure (which to be honest I'm sure you dont agree is worth $470 which has less going on for it) she will be around the same price as Conan. The Conan figure I can justify to myself based on the overall size and the work that has gone into it.

Also to think that the production company would charge a premium to the company that they went to and worked with to design the characters would pay a premium goes against all existing business models and thats why I think SS is gouging us on that license (because they CAN) because both the Gypsy Danger and the Knifehead are cheaper. That would therefore make NECA's toys more expensive would it not? But they aren't.

Lol and about blowing a gasket, man I'm going to buy her regardless hehehe. I just hope to god they keep her under 400 and not play us.
Im just ranting based on recent price hikes that do not relate to what we're getting. Not specifically on the hypothetical RS PF. :peace

I don't buy Neca, but that 18" Gypsy Danger is going for ton and the 7" is going for $35, that's a bit high for mass produced action figures for me. As for the Sideshow prices, look at what they're charging for Megatron, and he's no bigger than the PH Hulk. I think License might have something to do with it. We simply don't know.

As for buying Sonja, I'm in, if the price is right. But if they pull a Conan price on her I'm off like a prom dress.

I don't buy Neca, but that 18" Gypsy Danger is going for ton and the 7" is going for $35, that's a bit high for mass produced action figures for me. As for the Sideshow prices, look at what they're charging for Megatron, and he's no bigger than the PH Hulk. I think License might have something to do with it. We simply don't know.

As for buying Sonja, I'm in, if the price is right. But if they pull a Conan price on her I'm off like a prom dress.

Lol love the prom dress simile. I'd still buy her with a tear in my eye. But the Neca 18" is awesome and poseable. If it was SS it'd be 150+ (if we got that lucky) and with that 8" saw it'd be even taller.

@tavegg Lol to that. Also you wouldn't have to go through 1/10 of the trouble for weed that good here. ;). Remember, you know me lol.

Bro I love your rants. Cheers. And FYI the Toronto Fan Expo was awesome.
Got Stan to sign my Spidery vs. Venom polystone statue on his back and a photo-op with Stan; i go "you have no idea how awesome this moment is" and Stan goes "I know". Like LMFAO so great.

Got Alvin Lee to Do a Red Sonja copic sketch for me in anticipation of me buying this thing when it comes out. :)

I have this to frame, snagged it from my LCS

sduj.jpg

Here's hoping the rest of US follows Colorado/Washington's lead on that. :duff:

Next time you're up here in the Great White North, PM me. I'll smoke you a blunt!:peace (that goes for the rest of the Freaks too :) )

@Josh-a-Tron: INK is right about the overseas craziness for the film. But if thats the case then technically the figure should be cheaper - because conversion rate and overall shipping fees would destroy wallets overseas.

In addition I guess nowadays these crazy kids are also enjoying a little snack before and during hours of gaming. Supposedly its the only way to "get in the zone". Of course these are only rumors

Unless you know of a guy that knows a guy that's friends with a guy who happens to be a botanist with a healthy knack for growing indoors. I'd say if you knew that guy you may not pay for anything and although this is purely hypothetical the quality may be so good that it knocks your socks off :thud:

@tavegg Lol to that. Also you wouldn't have to go through 1/10 of the trouble for weed that good here. ;). Remember, you know me lol.

:cool: Very :cool:

I have this to frame, snagged it from my LCS

Sick!. Originally I picked up #1s of the first 4 volumes of RS to Put up with the figure too but probably will do a combo of Volume 1 with the copic sketch by Alvin.

Cannot wait for the PO!

Last edited:
Back