Red Skull sixth scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ordered the exclusive
( though as much as I do love these, part of me thinks I may have to be a tad more selective as the prices continue to escalate )
still bring on more X-men now please Sideshow

I was surprised this was cheaper than Magneto. I expected $240+ from SS. $235 with 2 headsculpts doesn't seem bad; you'd definitely be able to sell one without much trouble.

Meh, I still prefer the sculpts on the two PFs.

-8023608443250372612.jpg

3224374100_e26cce2c90_b.jpg

This figure should've been an easy home run, but the sockets, cheeks, and mouth look so derpy.

I kind of like the first headsculpt you posted Blade, but I personally hate that second one, the eyes are too creepy.
But Red Skull should have a prominent brow ridge that Sideshow never seems to capture in their work.
You can see it in most comic art depictions:
Red Skull Collage 001.jpg
Mezco got it right with both their headsculpts:
Mezco Red Skull 001.jpg
Mezco Red Skull 002.jpg

I still like the main 1:6 Sideshow headsculpt, just wish a second more comic accurate headsculpt was the exclusive.

I kind of like the first headsculpt you posted Blade, but I personally hate that second one, the eyes are too creepy.
But Red Skull should have a prominent brow ridge that Sideshow never seems to capture in their work.
You can see it in most comic art depictions:
View attachment 447036
Mezco got it right with both their headsculpts:
View attachment 447037
View attachment 447038

I still like the main 1:6 Sideshow headsculpt, just wish a second more comic accurate headsculpt was the exclusive.

That looks like a gorilla skull, red skull is human.vtherefore he should have a human skull

Mezco's looks like The Thing.
It looks like Kirby and Simon's art, and Kirby's style plays a part in both.
That looks like a gorilla skull, red skull is human.vtherefore he should have a human skull

The Red Skull is actually a mask and was never meant to look exactly human. Later, it was retconned to be scaring from Red Skull's Dust Of Death in Capt. America 184 Published in 1975, but Kirby always drew it as a mask.

Last edited:
It looks like Kirby and Simon's art, and Kirby's style plays a part in both.

The Red Skull is actually a mask and was never meant to look exactly human. Later, it was retconned to be scaring from Red Skull's Dust Of Death in Capt. America 184 Published in 1975, but Kirby always drew it as a mask.

Agreed on the Kirby look, but their new Cap doesn't look Kirby. The Red Skull shouldn't either. It's just a little too cartoonish.

I would love to own this as the figure overall looks great, it’s the sculpts that bother me. The sockets are way too big. The term used earlier, Derpy is a good term lol

Watched the Sideshow YT video on this, it looks fantastic and I'd love to get one, especially the exclusive.
But ehh, I hate Sideshow's Youtube channel. Happily unsubscribed.

Watched the Sideshow YT video on this, it looks fantastic and I'd love to get one, especially the exclusive.
But ehh, I hate Sideshow's Youtube channel. Happily unsubscribed.

Im sorry, i got him. He is an awesome figure. Almost as good as magneto. Sideshow is stepping up the game. I would take pictures but im a mib collector

D256BA80-C504-46B5-AFBB-D334DACFD35F.jpg65AEC2D9-E88A-48FE-BBF2-BA3A02CE8CC4.jpg68C52952-746A-4444-9DD4-9C353239D052.jpgA44DBC85-3176-4AB4-BD31-45E1778822B6.jpg
Just purchased this figure thru SS. Free shipping, minus $20 code, and $100 rewards. Love this figure. Solid body, great stitching on costume. Highly recommend if anyone is on the fence. I also have the SS Captain America. Used jacket and hat from a Dam Toys Nazi zombie I have.

Considering picking this up but the nose cavity is a bit too large for me. Does anyone know if a knock-off Hot Toys Red Skull head could be inserted into the body?

Considering picking this up but the nose cavity is a bit too large for me. Does anyone know if a knock-off Hot Toys Red Skull head could be inserted into the body?

You'd have to cut off the neck of the HT Redskull head and either insert a joint adapter or the cheaper blue tack route to attached it tot he Sideshow joint. The body on the Sideshow is one has the muscular chest/neck piece instead of a separate neck joint. Or you replace the SS body for something more standard to utilize the HT Redskull head but then you'd have to either mod the SS boots due to the large ankle ball joints or buy replacement boots that fit the standard size ankle joint.

this listing is old but you can see the body:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-R...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Back