Red Ninja 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And how exactly did I say this was a shot at my childhood??

I didnt say you did. Was just a generalized statement. Nothing more. Nothing less.

One complaint and you guys are all over it, reading into it what you want.

Ah if only that was ever true about me at least. I dont say crap until someone goes a bit over the top with their complaint.

Im glad you guys are such easy going fun loving collectors of all SS makes.

I'm not. Thats ALWAYS been the thing folks here that don't care for me or want to jump in and take shots make. There has been many many products over the 7 years I've been collecting Sideshow that I didn't care for or other items I wish they'd have made first. 9 out of 10 times I will say something but sometimes I'll just choose to comment on how it looks nice and leave it at that.

God forbid, someone makes a post that doesnt praise the almighty SS

I can't recall ever saying that folks can't say something against SS. Despite what some believe or want folks anyone to believe. When I do say something its usually when someone has said something pretty silly or acting just mind boggling in their reaction to a toy being announced.

I've been hoping they'd do a samurai cinema line since I discovered Sideshow 1:6. It wouldn't be feasible because they'd need to chase multiple licenses, but it would be one of the greatest lines ever made.

How does Hard Master complete the line-up?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Af1OxkFOK18&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Af1OxkFOK18&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

I didnt say you did. Was just a generalized statement. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ah if only that was ever true about me at least. I dont say crap until someone goes a bit over the top with their complaint.

I'm not. Thats ALWAYS been the thing folks here that don't care for me or want to jump in and take shots make. There has been many many products over the 7 years I've been collecting Sideshow that I didn't care for or other items I wish they'd have made first. 9 out of 10 times I will say something but sometimes I'll just choose to comment on how it looks nice and leave it at that.

I can't recall ever saying that folks can't say something against SS. Despite what some believe or want folks anyone to believe. When I do say something its usually when someone has said something pretty silly or acting just mind boggling in their reaction to a toy being announced.

So my complaint was over the top?

Or what did I say that was mind boggling?

I get it there toys be happy dont be so miserable blah blah

But I want to see this line go far, its an awesome line, but the choices they make sometimes piss me off because I think they will hurt the line long run, and isnt that what we all want? To see this go 20 or so figures deep, and that includes several rehashes

Waypoint came out, and some were like WTF and others were like it will sell out its awesome, and where is waypoint now? GC status same with the throne. Yes we have some cool figures on the way and again this is a cool ninja, but glance over at what you have so far, 5 figures, 3 rehashes. Its frustrating.

50-60 for an ignite ninja is a pretty sweet deal imo especially given the weapons and outfit. what company makes them for less?

kuzeh...AWESOME SHOT!

Thanks dude!!!
Ignite/Crazy Owners... as already stated...

Holy !!!

I want me some !!!!!

Damn !
I found a white one (IGNITE) on amazon for $55

Is there a difference between that and say Crazy Owners ?

Yep, they're one and the same... I changed the bodies though... the original bodies are really crappy...

You passed on Storm Shadow? You should be ashamed. :nono

Well... I was going to get into G.I. Joes so I decided not to... I actually had Storm Shadow on pre-order but cancelled it... I'll have to track him down I guess... :gah:

You know... this figure has me thinking I'd like to see Sideshow make a kick ass 1:6 Samurai figure sometime (obviously not for this line... a Sideshow Originals figure).

I think it would be hard for Sideshow to make better Samurais than the ones DiD already released... the quality is breathtaking, with lots of high quality fabrics and metals. I doubt SS would use those materials.

Is this the black one to get ?

5710.jpg

Or is it another ?

Not super-excited about this or anything but it will be a fine addition. I don't mind Sideshow doing these kinds of figures every now and then. I kind of hope they space out the inevitable variations though - I don't want things to get too "ninja-heavy" right away.

That said, it'd be pretty cool to see Jinx, the Hard/Soft/Blind Masters, and Billy in the line too!

Not super-excited about this or anything but it will be a fine addition. I don't mind Sideshow doing these kinds of figures every now and then. I kind of hope they space out the inevitable variations though - I don't want things to get too "ninja-heavy" right away.

That said, it'd be pretty cool to see Jinx, the Hard/Soft/Blind Masters, and Billy in the line too!

I would say that is a sure bet. Wouldnt surprise me to see one as soon as Spooktacular.

So my complaint was over the top? Or what did I say that was mind boggling?

I don't recall anything but I'm not going to reread every post. :lol However, if I don't agree with you its ok if I post and say otherwise. :lol

But I want to see this line go far, its an awesome line, but the choices they make sometimes piss me off because I think they will hurt the line long run, and isnt that what we all want? To see this go 20 or so figures deep, and that includes several rehashes

I think we all want to see this line go far. However, figures like this and CCC really won't do anything to hurt this line. They're actually more likely to drag people into the line.

Waypoint came out, and some were like WTF and others were like it will sell out its awesome, and where is waypoint now? GC status same with the throne. Yes we have some cool figures on the way and again this is a cool ninja, but glance over at what you have so far, 5 figures, 3 rehashes. Its frustrating.

The thing that hurts those items I think is the price more than anything. 1:6th collectors are willing to drop that on a figure but struggle with that for an accessory item. I'm kicking around getting the throne finally myself. The figures folks want will come but a few troop builders isn't a bad thing either. I like the look of my GI Joe Collection so far.

You know... this figure has me thinking I'd like to see Sideshow make a kick ass 1:6 Samurai figure sometime (obviously not for this line...).

Oh come on now, Samurai warriors fit perfectly within the GI Joe universe. :lol

budo.jpg

Though at least Budo has more reason to be produced by SSC than the Sniper ever did.

I may pass on this one just go after a nice set of traditional ninjas...

Red, black, white, brown oh my !!!!

Off topic, I have to say I love the way a product can spur such conversation and even branch someone like me into a new line that brings me back t my childhood (Enter the Ninja... Sho Kosugi) I love it and this board.

Thank you all.

Wow not what I was expecting. I figured we would get a new trooper announcement next but really thought they would go with Viper or Crimson Guard. Still this figure looks like 7 shades of awesome and I will be first in line to place my pre-order next week. I can't to see some more pics because he just looks badass. Hard Master is a must at this point. Seriously love this line.

Back