Red Ninja 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not hardcore GI Joe like you guys, but I love Ninjas in general, and this guy looks bad ass. The Ex is a defn must, he will look great next to my Snakes.

Poor CA schmucks will be paying $150 for him after tax and shipping. How do you like them Sideshow Apples? :lol

2hexbb9.jpg

Better to be a schmuck and still be elite, than a whiny tittybaby making excuses not to pick him up. ;)

To be fair, to be Elite, you need a complete set of exclusives. And that would included CCC. Who's Elite now? :nana:

Fail.gif

And this is why you are not among the elite. :lol :moon :exactly: :goodpost:

Elite =/= Completist. I'd agree that collecting all of The Dead's 1:6 would make you elite in that category, but with Joes, it's different. It would be like Sideshow releasing a Buffy figure in the line and trying to pass it off as an official Dead figure. "One of these things is not like the other... one of these things just doesn't belong." :lol

To be fair, to be Elite, you need a complete set of exclusives. And that would included CCC. Who's Elite now? :nana:

:rotfl:rotfl

Not having him you can have a complete collection or if you do you do. I think my collection is the better for having him. When I do order the Cobra throne it will make a great display.

The fact is we are all fanboys and lucky that SS has addressed gi Joe as a viable product to produce and yes profitable.

Playgrounds, bars or now it appears ADULT collecting are environments for labeling and bullying.

I think anyone who is enough of a fan to take on this line, it's expence and helps keep a hobby of mine ongoing is Elite in book.

Well, love him or hate him (or anywhere in between), CCC isn't the worst thing Hasbro has ever done to GI Joe. Sure he wasn't the greatest variation, but perhaps all of the negativity for him caused us to not get a SDCC Joe this year. Sometimes you just got to take a bullet to support the line. My limit was stretched the the uttmost when the FOURTH Dead Babysitter was announced, so a red Cobra Commander was nowhere near as painful to get as that last babysitter. But sometimes you just got to look at it as supporting the line as a whole, just like this Red Ninja.

To me, its almost like Crimson Storm Shadow (CSS). Sure there are differences but in the end, Storm Shadow looks like a white ninja and this is a red ninja. And when the Crimson Guards come out, we'll have a whole red clan by then :lol

Was this a highly requested character? No, but many of us are still happy about it. Would we be pissed if we got this and not Destro before the line ends? Yup. At least CCC didn't take up a 'real' Joe slot. SDCC is time for doing extra/fun/crazy/lazy/strange/unnecessary/bonus/evil/lame/or dull things.

At the same time I will admit I don't own the Silly Things/Gunmetal Grey Iron Man from HT and consider myself to have a complete Iron Man collection. I mean if it wasn't in the movie for a movie line of figures, it doesn't really count right? So I do see the "No CCC = still complete" as I'm that way with GMG Iron Man. But I would consider those with said SDCC exclusive to be uber-elite. :lecture

Well, love him or hate him (or anywhere in between), CCC isn't the worst thing Hasbro has ever done to GI Joe. Sure he wasn't the greatest variation, but perhaps all of the negativity for him caused us to not get a SDCC Joe this year. Sometimes you just got to take a bullet to support the line. My limit was stretched the the uttmost when the FOURTH Dead Babysitter was announced, so a red Cobra Commander was nowhere near as painful to get as that last babysitter. But sometimes you just got to look at it as supporting the line as a whole, just like this Red Ninja.

To me, its almost like Crimson Storm Shadow (CSS). Sure there are differences but in the end, Storm Shadow looks like a white ninja and this is a red ninja. And when the Crimson Guards come out, we'll have a whole red clan by then :lol

Was this a highly requested character? No, but many of us are still happy about it. Would we be pissed if we got this and not Destro before the line ends? Yup. At least CCC didn't take up a 'real' Joe slot. SDCC is time for doing extra/fun/crazy/lazy/strange/unnecessary/bonus/evil/lame/or dull things.

At the same time I will admit I don't own the Silly Things/Gunmetal Grey Iron Man from HT and consider myself to have a complete Iron Man collection. I mean if it wasn't in the movie for a movie line of figures, it doesn't really count right? So I do see the "No CCC = still complete" as I'm that way with GMG Iron Man. But I would consider those with said SDCC exclusive to be uber-elite. :lecture

Well, "uber" something. :lol

BTW, since when did you start taking posting lessons from MaulFan? I'm gonna recommend starting a "bold type" method for you guys so we don't have to scroll through War & Peace to get your point. :p

Playgrounds, bars or now it appears ADULT collecting are environments for labeling and bullying.

Bullying? And I suppose you have the bruises to show it. Talk about melodramatic.

SuitedJacks said:
I think anyone who is enough of a fan to take on this line, it's expence and helps keep a hobby of mine ongoing is Elite in book.

I agree. But, then there's the elite of the elite, which is what's at issue here. It's an earned distinction, and it's very much real.

I agree. CCC looked great and was a nice addition but wasn't part of what helped put the brakes on a line like the last babysitter. Though, the Red Ninja isn't a bad thing at all. Its no worse than doing different versions of the Cobra Troopers.

Exactly! This is very cool but in the end won't keep us from getting the ones we want. I think thats a pretty safe bet. Also agree with the part on the SDCC stuff thats what I've said many many times before sometimes falling on deaf ears.

You are correct sir. I didn't have him and was totally ok with my complete Iron Man collection. I went ahead and grabbed one and while I like my collection even more its ok not to have him too.

Back