Recommendations...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, yeah I saw that one. And the more I look at it, the wierder the SS one looks. Thank you though. :)

Yes, that's probably true, the magic of paint. Alas, I've never really attempted any extensive paint-ups.

Well, I just bought the Dragon one for $7. Should have it within the next few weeks (Overseas shipping from Shanghai). Until then, I shall continue my research and question-asking when I need help and/or suggestions. Thank you all.

One method for stubble is to texture the actual paint when you apply it by using a stiff bristle paint brush, then paint the stubble color you need after it's fried, or to use a sort of gel medium and stipple stubble texture into that (essentally sculpting with the thicker gel medium). Or, you can add very tiny amount of epoxy to achieve the desired effect. Or, you could add actual hair, like some customizers have done.
Lots of "ors" there. But there are many ways to go about it.
Btw, if it's a resin head that have, you can etch lines and wrinkles right into the resin very easily, using exacto blades, etc. Then refine them with fine grade sandpaper, so they don't look sharp-edged. To a certain degree this can be done with vinyl, too. You just have to be careful.

Aves Apoxie sculpt works really nicely, I've sculped tons of hair onto head sculpts using it. Also, you could buy some tibetan lamb hair off of ebay, I've used that too for "real" hair and it can be styled to match the look you're going for.

Tibetan Lamb hair, you say? Very interesting...How is it to work with?? If it could be done right, It might be an interesting option. Depending of course on how well I can sculpt the hair...decisions, decisions.

Researching the various sculpting materials online, and reading reviews, and I was wondering: Which material is going to hold up the longest without becoming brittle and possibly breaking? I ask because I want to be able to sculpt the "bangs" of the hair. Thanks freaks.

Back