Recommendations for Buffy Books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently received a great book from Nancy Holder (not from her directly) and was surprised just how amazing it was upon opening. I am going to post a few photos here for anyone who might be interested in something new, that's Buffy related. This thing is amazing, and heavy!

buffybook_zpsc6bce706.png

On the right is the actual book, and on the left is an envelope filled with the coolest stuff.

20121226_093146_zpsa9b6c567.jpg

Here are a couple of 'inside the book' pages.

20121226_093511_zps98a2e440.jpg

20121226_093539_zpsa3f2aec9.jpg

And here are the pages in the envelope.
20121226_093412_zps9f56f346.jpg

Yep, Amazon is your go to place. I've never been a fan of getting anything signed by anyone that I didn't meet and watch sign it. I feel like it's not as special. That's just MY opinion. When I met Amber and she signed our book and pronounced us married for life...that was what made getting my book signed special. You know?

But, I am probably a minority on that feeling.

That's a fun anecdote, about the signing. Tell us more, if you want.

I had been tweeting Amber before she came to Houston for her book signing and the sing-along. I went to the book signing and when I went up to her I mentioned that I was so and so (my twitter handle) and she was like "that was you!! You made me laugh" etc. She was a sweetheart right from the get go. I had left our Willow and Tara forever action figure set in the car which she held up the entire line of people telling me to go and retrieve it so she could sign it. Anyways, she knew Jenn and I were a couple so when she signed the book she closed the cover and said "I now pronounce you married for life." It was pretty much the best day ever.

Later that day after the signing, just after the charity event lunch but before the sing-along, she did a private interview for Jenn and I for Jenn's school project.

I'm telling you now, Amber is the sweeeeetest person we've ever met.

Sweet story! I have this book on order, when I heard about it I had to have one, glad to see it's as cool as I thought it was.

I have the book, it is definitely gorgeous. I actually read it in one night, it's really not that long. The reading is enjoyable for Buffy fans, but don't expect anything earth-shattering. I would say the majority of the book is a recap of the seven seasons, and it will go through explaining things that do not need explaining for anyone that is a fan of the series. Still, it is very nice looking, the extras included are really cool and it will look awesome on display. And it's reasonably priced. Actually, Amazon had it as a lightning deal (for 4 hours only) just before Christmas, I was very surprised to see that. Overall, definitely recommended for any Buffy fan.

Mine was delivered damaged on the 20th December, purchased via Amazon.
IMG_0637_zpsfb28b686.jpg

Replacement came on 29th 100% condition. Plus full refund so Buffy book free, that made me a very happybunny.

I was visiting the Amazon page a bunch, waiting for it to come back in-stock. I heard they had packaging issues(?). The page was flagged and marked as temporarily unavailable for reasons other than stock. Maybe that's what occurred with your first shipment, HP.

I'm hoping to pick this up soon.

Looks like mine is coming in next week, looking forward to seeing it in person. Plus got an extra one for the shop, you never know when a Buffy fan will walk in.

I bought the book for my daughter for Christmas and she LOVED it!

She was going to have the book signed by James Marsters at a recent Wizard World Con but she decided to do the Photo Op and attend his band's concert instead. She just didn't have enough money for all of it. :monkey2

I bought the book for my daughter for Christmas and she LOVED it!

She was going to have the book signed by James Marsters at a recent Wizard World Con but she decided to do the Photo Op and attend his band's concert instead. She just didn't have enough money for all of it. :monkey2

That's awesome, but I got to agree with the photo-op. Can't beat that! :rock

I still need to pick this book up. Hopefully, will get it as a birthday gift or something.

Back