Recieved damaged Predator LSB from ebay, not sure how to proceed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tertlecrazy

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this is obvious, I've been reading on ebay on what I need to do but haven't found too much info yet so thought I'd post here as I'm sure someone has had a similar thing happen.

I bought the P1 LSB from ebay and it arrived today with quite a bit of damage to the back, several broken dreads, one is in so many pieces I'm not sure it can even be glued back together.

Question is: I don't really want to return it, if it wasn't a sold out item I would just return it and request a full refund. But I really don't want to be stuck with a broken Predator that I paid too much for either. So do I file a claim through ebay or what? I'm not exactly sure how to proceed.

I did contact the seller asking how they would want to proceed and if they had insurance on it.
13592370235_9e286da018.jpg13592372965_2a03a2d862.jpg
It was packaged just fine by the seller, I wouldn't have done anything differently, the box is even in great condition. I imagine it was dropped. The pic taken of the pieces was actually taken before I took the predator out to inspect his face--which appears to be fine--and there were more tiny bits of a dread, little slivers and pieces.

Any help on what I should do, also if I do end up keeping the P1 any advice on how to fix the fixable dreads?

Wait to hear back from the seller. Hopefully he/she will work with you to resolve the issue.
If they are unhelpful or start stalling/time wasting open a dispute.
Your purchases are protected with PayPal, make sure you use that service.

Might even be worth opening a dispute to make PayPal aware of the situation and help prompt the selling into action.
Give them a couple of days to respond first though.

Good luck. Worst case scenario you lose postage costs and return it.

Last edited:
Damn! Just realised we suggested you get this piece.
They are prone to transit damage. Good luck :wink1:

Not going to be easy to fix them. Luckily you won't really see them if displaying with its back to a wall or cabinet.
Only keep if the seller offers you a huge partial refund. There will be more opportunities to but another.

Last edited:
Damn! Just realised we suggested you get this piece.
They are prone to transit damage. Good luck :wink1:

Not going to be easy to fix them. Luckily you won't really see them if displaying with its back to a wall or cabinet.
Only keep if the seller offers you a huge partial refund. There will be more opportunities to but another.

It was an excellent suggestion, he is seriously awesome. :) Which is why I'm reluctant to return him, but at the same time I'm sure I'll be able to find another one, it may just take time and I'll probably have to pay a bit more

And judging by the size and weight of the box, it's gonna cost alot to ship back, the seller only charged $7.50 for shipping, which is crazy low. eh, i just really don't think i want to return him, but we'll see.

I don't know what a fair partial refund would be, I know if I had to sell him in this condition, even with the dreads glued back it would be a big loss, but I doubt I'd ever want to sell him.

He got back to me, he's going to try to contact UPS and then get back to me asap. From what I've read I have to open a case and just close it if we work something out, if not then it escalates to a claim..I think.

I had the same thing happen with a General Grievous PF I had shipped from another country.
I was ultra mad when it arrived damaged and was also reluctant to send it back due to the postage costs and the price I originally paid.
After contacting the seller I suggested a partial refund which, to give them credit, they did accept.
But by then I was pretty gutted and decided to cut my losses and send it back for a full refund.

If you can live with the damage then great, otherwise take a small hit on the return fee and keep your eyes peeled.
(as you can see from the sig, I was able to eventually score another GG and at a better price. Just took a few months hunting!)
Paypal will have you covered whatever way you go, so that should be a weight off your mind.
Fingers crossed you can work something out with the seller though (partial refund to cover repair costs?)

And yes, close the case if you resolve it.
Otherwise it gets automatically escalated and eBay make the call on who gets what end of the stick.

The seller got back to me the other day, they definitely seem like they'll be easy to work with. We are waiting till tomorrow when UPS calls me and either comes out and inspects the statue or takes the statue...that part I'm unclear on. The seller said they wanted me to keep the statue regardless but UPS said it may have to be returned. I still can't decide if I just want to return it or try to work out a partial refund, also depends on what UPS says. I did contact ebay and they opened the case for me. So hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Back