recast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

microdragon

Super Freak
Reaction score
don't find any place for this post. there are so many recasts on the market, so everybody be careful. i just show you guys some recasts made by a Chinese company
10CVp1.jpg

13lAh9.jpg

aIzCE.jpg

Wuz5p.jpg

15Bfj6.jpg

uv8h0.jpg

11Wx6m.jpg

BKeiQ.jpg

T29MdnXiBXXXXXXXXX_!!359915162.jpg

T24CNxXkxaXXXXXXXX_!!359915162.jpg

wow. those look excellent as recasts. you always hear about quality sucking and then i see these photos. yikes!

"...so everybody be careful."

When someone says "be careful" how are we to know?

Most of these are pretty decent looking pieces, and most of us will never see them side by side with the legit piece to tell the difference.

Most of us, if not all, have purchased collectibles off ebay. As long as the seller has a decent reputation I'm probably going to roll the dice.

With the way these look in the pictures, you may never know if you own a recast. I guess ignorance is bliss?

I wonder if these are actually made by the same factories doing the official SS products. The factory just extends the run to make more money for themselves. American compaines are truly at a disadvantage in these types of circumstances when the factories are run outside of the country.

Except with the Smaug statue, that's a Weta only item and they only use a single factory. I think it's just as likely one was 'purchased' and then recast.

I wonder if these are actually made by the same factories doing the official SS products. The factory just extends the run to make more money for themselves. American compaines are truly at a disadvantage in these types of circumstances when the factories are run outside of the country.

i think thats exactly what's happening. they are most likely using SS's molds

:goodpost::exactly:
I thought the same exact thing. These are obviously made from the exact SS molds and probably painted by some of the same factory painters and then sold right away on EBay, so there is no evidence.

Back