Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine:

E16758F9-1EC2-40A6-8741-3BA9D0145125.jpg

Of course, you can help each other out too.

Hi Ace, I'm not to sure I can help, but I will look through al my reference material and see if I can come up with something. I would really like to see this project come to a finish, so come on board members, lets get this done. the sculpts look fantastic!

Ace, everyone, sorry for the delay… I’ve finally made it home from my business trips.

I leave again soon, but if you’re able to resize this one, I will place an order.

I would estimate 88 mm horizontally at the widest point. A test low res print will show me if we need to tweak the size.

Thank you so much.

EA79C6AC-972E-4C95-B576-5E34D4633411.jpeg

9C16A6EF-87B5-4C35-89EA-6DCE0A125F6E.jpeg

DD7629CA-E3B5-4FED-A1D0-7AD52F119DD7.jpeg

Last edited:
Corellian Hound Reference:

Rebolt-Corellian-Hound-4.jpg
Corellian_hound.jpg
corellian-hounds.jpg
solo-db-corellian-hounds-main-image_00ea8d28.jpg
6086EC79-AEEC-4BDD-9F16-DEFA201E21BB.jpeg

Those doggies are awesome, I will totally have a go at them at some point! Love the figures you've shown Steven. Although those little Smegheads should keep their greasy hands off of Kryton, they'll just stain his lovely rubber face!
Using this thread as a wishlist ( preferably with pics :D ) is more than fine with me, that makes it a lot easier than to track down and answer loads of private messages over shapeways.
Since the aliens mentioned earlier already exist I'm not sure it makes sense to sculpt them again. My time is very, very limited at the moment and I don't want to be spending it on things you can already get somewhere else, specially if the heads don't get ordered in the end like the helmet. Each head takes quite a few hours to get sculpted and prepared for printing, so I have to manage my time carefully. I'm already barely sleeping :D

As for Amanaman, I think some basic articulation should be very doable. I can make the parts so they have pegs and can be inserted into cavities in the body. It won't be as articulate as the figures you guys are used to, but some basic moving points should be no problem really.

It would be great if you lot could help me out with a bit of reference material, I was searching for pics of the staff weapons the Klaatu and Nikto used on screen, but all I found was pics of the old Kenner stuff from the 80s or some relatively unusable blurry pics from the movie.

As for the shapeways cut I get, unfortunately that's true. The cut of the sales of the heads to you guys is just enough to take the missus and the kiddo to mcdonalds for some burgers.

Last edited:
Corellian_hound 125 mm.jpg

I think 125 mm tall would be about right in 1/6 scale.

I would purchase at least two.

Edit:

More hound reference (I have been buying almost every Solo book.)
BD50C3D0-12E8-4CAC-A6C3-809630984002.jpeg

Last edited:
I would estimate 55 mm in height for this one.

I’m running out of time and would like to spend a few minutes with my wife before I leave home again.

I recommend ordering a low-cost a test print to verify the size 1st.

94A9FB8C-A6C1-4D94-9EEE-E5B3FAAD8635.jpeg

I plan to use my lunch and dinner money to order the items to help my friend Ace.

He was nice enough to help us and I want to support new projects. Many people said they wanted a 1/6 Amanaman. He doesn’t make much money from our orders but it takes lots of his time.

I’m on business travel working here.
69D90B40-61D9-4F2E-AA2D-8164412AC266.jpeg

I plan to use my lunch and dinner money to order the items to help my friend Ace.

He was nice enough to help us and I want to support new projects. Many people said they wanted a 1/6 Amanaman. He doesn’t make much money from our orders but it takes lots of his time.

Amanaman would be incredible.

Ace will try to resize the heads soon-ish / perhaps next week.

Over the years, I’ve been in communication with various artists on Shapeways. He has been one of the absolute best to work with.

I really want to show my appreciation for his efforts and place an order soon. I also want to show him if we request something, we will order.

Think of all the other awesome characters we want.

Ace will try to resize the heads soon-ish / perhaps next week.

Over the years, I’ve been in communication with various artists on Shapeways. He has been one of the absolute best to work with.

I really want to show my appreciation for his efforts and place an order soon. I also want to show him if we request something, we will order.

Think of all the other awesome characters we want.

Yeah, I am totally blown away by Ace's talent and hard work. I STILL :)gah:) haven't been able to reorder my resized heads yet due to being away, but will hopefully do it next week.

And yeah - Amanaman....:drool Talk about the ultimate 1/6 SW fig.

It's the major problem I have with digital sculpts - the artist doesn't get as much as they should. If an artist physically sculpts a head out of sculpey, then they can sell make/casts of it for a decent amount, but with digital they have to rely on Shapeways type companies who take the lion's share.

Maybe there's another smaller 3D print site that he could use that doesn't take as big of a cut of the proceeds, and would pass on more to him? There surely must be a lot of those companies.

Sorry guys.
I've been moving from state to state this whole time and haven't really had a chance to see what's been going on with this. Ace, whenever you get these resizings right, you've got a customer right here buddy! This whole project has been an amazing thing to encounter!

I'm finally able to place my order.:yess:

EDIT: Ordered!

It takes several weeks for it to go through the Shapeways process, but should hopefully get the heads in 3 weeks.

Back