Media Read Dead Redemption 2 (October 26th 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After much soul searching I had to go with the ultimate edition. Yes, it is overpriced compared to the standard version. Yes, I really hate supporting anything that locks any mission content whatsoever behind an additional pay wall. And yes, that content probably doesn't amount to much, and will likely be available as paid dlc or in the eventual GOTY release anyway. And yes, if I waited I could likely get things cheaper after the initial hype wave died down.

But...it's a follow up to my favourite game of last console generation. And I've loved this series since the original Red Dead Revolver. And it is Rockstar, so regardless of their unfiltered greed in recent years, they are still one of the only companies that I still have pre-order level faith in, as far as the quality of what they will deliver goes. And even at an inflated price, I'm confident that the hours of joy and the overall gaming experience I get for my money will be well worth it. So I'll let them jack me of a little extra cash on this occasion, rather than being my usual patient and frugal self, because, hey, Red Dead Redemption 2.

Feel mostly the same, I just haven't decided where to order it from yet. I think I heard Worst Buy is letting you walk out with it at 9pm Thursday night so I may go with them, they need all the help they can get to stay afloat at this point anyway.

Turned in my Xbox and planned on focusing on just PC games. Then Spiderman came. Guess I will be getting this after all!

I've been thinking of buying this for my son. He's 11. I liked RDR a lot. And, he really enjoyed the Arkham games, and needs a new series to get involved in. Violence doesn't bother me -- I'm fine with the boy being in shootouts and robbing trains. It's a western. And, language isn't a problem ... provided it doesn't bleed into Deadwood territory (which was a little too salty -- common swearing is fine, the explicit stuff from Deadwood ... not so much).

But, I'm wondering how 'interactive' the saloon girls are. I don't remember anything objectionable from RDR1. But, it's possible I missed something. Any insight on whether this would be horrifically inappropriate for a Jr. High age kid? I know it's done by the same company that does Grand Theft Auto ... which is horrifically inappropriate. But, I don't know that this would be.

SnakeDoc

I've been thinking of buying this for my son. He's 11. I liked RDR a lot. And, he really enjoyed the Arkham games, and needs a new series to get involved in. Violence doesn't bother me -- I'm fine with the boy being in shootouts and robbing trains. It's a western. And, language isn't a problem ... provided it doesn't bleed into Deadwood territory (which was a little too salty -- common swearing is fine, the explicit stuff from Deadwood ... not so much).

But, I'm wondering how 'interactive' the saloon girls are. I don't remember anything objectionable from RDR1. But, it's possible I missed something. Any insight on whether this would be horrifically inappropriate for a Jr. High age kid? I know it's done by the same company that does Grand Theft Auto ... which is horrifically inappropriate. But, I don't know that this would be.

SnakeDoc

I'm not sure on whether there's interactive strippers or hookers like in GTA V, but it's a pretty safe bet there'll be nudity & sex at some point, most likely in cutscenes.

You can also expect the C word to be used. Tbh, 11 is probably a little young, but every kid is different. Plus with the internet, he's probably seen and heard worse :lol

For what it's worth RDR2 is rated M for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Nudity, Sexual Content, Strong Language, Use of Drugs and Alcohol.

I don't recall you being able to have sex with a prostitute in the first game, nor do I recall seeing naked breasts ... nor any sexual content at all really. No hooker minigames at least.

For what it's worth RDR2 is rated M for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Nudity, Sexual Content, Strong Language, Use of Drugs and Alcohol.

I don't recall you being able to have sex with a prostitute in the first game, nor do I recall seeing naked breasts ... nor any sexual content at all really. No hooker minigames at least.
You're definitely forgetting Mexico then hahaha

Yeah that's wrong i remember someone doing somebody doggie style on a table in a cut-scene.

Yeah that's wrong i remember someone doing somebody doggie style on a table in a cut-scene.

I remember that too, it was a cutscene from one of the Mexico missions.

There was also a mission where you save Bonnie from being raped and hung. Definitely a great series for an 11 year old kid!

The main thing I remember about Mexico is that song that plays when you enter the area, that **** was epic.

One of my top ten gaming moments of all time.

Ordered the Special Edition and the Collector Box. Couldn't really justify the Ultimate Edition as I don't do online modes..

Yeah, I gotta admit, now that I've gone the Collector Box and ordered the Limited version of the playguide, I'm kicking myself a little.

I don't go overboard often nowadays, but this is a game I've just got that feeling with.

Uncharted and The Last of Us series I've always gone overboard with. I even created an account with Gamestop and Day 1 ordered (they sold out quick) the version of TLoU that came with the statue, and bought both the Ellie themed and Joel themed Collector Editions in NZ. (Admittedly I waited a few weeks before deciding I needed the other one of the two I didn't have)

The funny thing is JBHiFi sent me the wrong one of the two, so I returned it and had to search hard to find the one of the two I didn't have (sold out mainly by then)… and the statue did come to Australia and NZ standalone and I managed to have one gifted to me by PlayStation NZ for attending a preview event of the PS4 before they were on sale... so I have two now..

Yeah, this game is definitely an all out for me: ultimate ed, collectors box & CE guide. Wish they’d put some more of the merch up here though. I have the dynamite candle from the first game, so it’d be cool to have the new one to go with it.

I think this’ll be the most I’ve spent on a game...at least until the CE of the Resident Evil 2 remake comes out.

Digital edition all the way for me. Downloaded and ready to go, at least until that day one patch hits.....replaying the first one to kill time until part 2. Sorry, AC Odyssey, you aint doing it for me.

It's amazing how small game one's map is compared to current open world. Again, proof to me bigger is not better

We'll recently I was going to go for the £89 special edition whatever you call it but cancelled and went for the £49 normal edition with a few extra preorder bonuses. I just didn't feel right paying nearly 100 pounds for mostly MP stuff and extra costumes.

fullsizeoutput_226.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 9.30.55 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 9.30.55 AM.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 88
getting pretty excited for this. Can't believe I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet from BB. Was actually thinking about trading my PS4 in for a PS4 PRO RDR2 bundle. $160 on my trade in and then $30 back on the game since I already have it paid for. So $110 for me to upgrade for the PS4 Pro.

Back