Re-paint commission thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to paint a Hot Toys figure but I dont know how, what paint to use and method.

I would start with something simple as test, for example painting a a hand, and after that a hair... any help?

The idea of starting with a test is a good one but I would suggest a head that you don't care about first instead of just a hand.
For more tips check out this thread https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13801

I'm looking someone to repaint my HT Iron Man Mark III head, back to the way it should look,(it got scuffed, I tried to re-paint it myself, but cocked it up). I'm UK based, an idea of cost,(via Paypal), would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Last edited:
I'm looking someone to repaint my HT Iron Man Mark III head, back to the way it should look,(it got scuffed, I tried to re-paint it myself, but cocked it up). I'm UK based, an idea of cost,(via Paypal), would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Ive sent you a PM

I don't own this yet, but I was thinking of picking up one of these:

xena.JPG

Sculpt's not as awful as I recall and think with a better paint job it'd look even better. Anyone interested?

I picked up one of these a while back with the same idea.

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Not only is the sculpt lousy, but the armor is so weak and fragile that it will separate and fall apart if you work with it at all. Definitely more work than it's worth.

Re:ed Re-paint commission thread

I'm looking for someone to paint my tyler durden head sculpt i live in the u.s any idea of cost please pm if interested

I was mistaken. I did own that Xena still. And all the other figures from that series. I was under the impression my dad sold them on eBay.

I picked up one of these a while back with the same idea.

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Not only is the sculpt lousy, but the armor is so weak and fragile that it will separate and fall apart if you work with it at all. Definitely more work than it's worth.

Thanks for the heads up, though I learned that the hard way when I tried to undress my Xena and move her armor to another Xena figure with a better head. It disintigrated. I've got a member here hooking me up with more outfits hopefully.

If it works out, would anyone be willing to paint up both a Xena and Gabrielle? I think a repaint could really bring out the likeness of the sculpts.

Not to break up all this great Xena Warrior Princess stuff, but this is supposed to be a re-paint commision thread. I am looking for a great painter, and I mean Small Studios great. Willing to pay top dollar for top quaility work PM me or send me an e-mail. I have 5 sculpts that need paint. Thank you.

Old Grandpa

For anyone interested I have recently posted pricing and turnaround time (usually 2-3 weeks) and other details for my paint commissions in my Official Sales Thread (LINK). And as always see samples of my work in my show off thread (LINK) or my blog (LINK).

5852a843.jpg

93bfd24a.jpg

6c4dc551.jpg
0ef0e4fb.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

c0be5b9a.jpg
75cbe40d.jpg

3532bc15.jpg
2e86144d.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, I've gotten so much work from you guys since dropping my name in the pool here for paint services. Here are some more recent pics, including some Superman heads for sunohc after I replied to his post for painters of his heads.

FourofaKind.jpg

Here is a translucent cast version I painted with translucent paints for sunohc's personal collection.
TranslucentCastPaint.jpg

Harmonica from "Once Upon a Time in the West"
Harmonica.jpg

Everette Hitch from "Apaloosa"
Front.jpg

TanLine.jpg

And some new Blondie's using some translucent paint tricks.
HatOn.jpg

HatOff.jpg

To celebrate the start of Spring and the end of LOST I am proud to announce my first special!

All painting orders for the upcoming Sawyer head as sculpted by Nek74 (link) that is sent to me before June 7th gets a discounted price! PM for details! :D

UPDATE:

I would like to thank everyone who participated in my Early Bird special!

dbdfe6dd.jpg

eabe21ad.jpg

Last edited:
GDB, your work on the Locke headsculpt is unreal!!! I'm very eager to see your future projects!

And some new Blondie's using some translucent paint tricks.
HatOn.jpg

HatOff.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow thats one of the best paint ups i have seen of clint. What head is that and any idea were i can get one?

Back