Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just saw this at my lcs and I wasn't that impressed. I never liked any of the pics I've seen of it so far and in person I felt the same. The cloth is made of quality material but it all looks so thick on him. He is like a big cloth sculpt. The pose isn't my favorite either. I actually liked Jean Grey and Emma more. Not a bad piece but it lacks the wow factor.

Just saw this at my lcs and I wasn't that impressed. I never liked any of the pics I've seen of it so far and in person I felt the same. The cloth is made of quality material but it all looks so thick on him. He is like a big cloth sculpt. The pose isn't my favorite either. I actually liked Jean Grey and Emma more. Not a bad piece but it lacks the wow factor.

I have Emma but passed on Jean. For me personally, this Doom PF is better than both of them. But hey, peeps do have a tendency of seeing things differently from time to time. It all boils down to our own personal tastes.

Didn't even bother to watch the movie after so many people gave two thumbs down ahahaha

Can't wait for my Doom statue to arrive next week.

I have Emma but passed on Jean. For me personally, this Doom PF is better than both of them. But hey, peeps do have a tendency of seeing things differently from time to time. It all boils down to our own personal tastes.
I don't think the lcs tweaked his cloth well for display so it definitely took away some luster. I still think it's a nice piece though.

I don't think the lcs tweaked his cloth well for display so it definitely took away some luster. I still think it's a nice piece though.

Yeah, futzing with this PF makes a HUGE difference with the overall look of the piece. If someone just takes him out of the box and just throws him together, he doesn't look very impressive at all. Working the hood and cape specifically is a MUST on this piece. If the hood isn't futzed with the opening around his face is completely circular. As if that doesn't look bad enough on its own, the tip of the hood shoots straight up. It looks like he pitched a tent right on top of his head. Then, if the cape isn't positioned properly, it'll drape too far over his shoulders and cover up most of the sculpt. The cape must be positioned to expose the shoulders thereby allowing the figure to be seen.

It took me a long while to futz with this piece to get it to look like I wanted. However, when I was done, I couldn't be happier with the way he turned out. Of my recent SSC purchases, only Lobo topped this PF in my book.

Dr. Doom PF...

Doom1a_zpshwzlcdgo.jpg

Doom2_zpszlzu14a5.jpg

Doom4_zpstlziyyfm.jpg

Doom3_zpsjopffptg.jpg

Doom6_zpsshh7htln.jpg

Doom5_zpsdfkgzd95.jpg

Doom7_zpsftzxj53p.jpg

Thanks for all the pics guys. Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger soon on my favorite villain.

Forgot to press the cape bracket in on the left in the first pics... but here's some to scale with other statues...

Somebody ****ed up! Why is Batman much bigger than Doom? Batman is supposed to be 6'2 and 220 lbs. Doom is 6'7 and 415 lbs when armored.

Batman's Base is taller than Dooms, and he's higher up on his than Doom by about an inch. Also, Batman is oversized, his scaling is around 6'4", and he's also massively muscled.

Batman's Base is taller than Dooms, and he's higher up on his than Doom by about an inch. Also, Batman is oversized, his scaling is around 6'4", and he's also massively muscled.

Yeah, Bats is larger than 1/4 scale. Just like the original Spidey COM. That's okay though, they both look EPIC.

Back