Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have to say the green texturing on both my heads is subtle and it gives it a nice reflective feel with the cape on. I was intimidated by the hood but after futzing with it I feel very comfortable with its look. My cape needs work but all in fue time. I'll post pics this weekend!

My base has some weathering (some splats all over it) as well as some rusty parts, specifically on the 2 bolts. It almost makes me think my base has been in a moist environment for a while. I must say though that it looks pretty cool actually. As ironic as it may sound, it was an error that actually produced a nice result lol... goes well with the steam punk purpose of the base.

As for the piece... it looks way cooler than I expected, and I was really expecting something great. I could not be happier with it. Totally worth it.

hz9Att4.jpg

As for the piece... it looks way cooler than I expected, and I was really expecting something great. I could not be happier with it. Totally worth it.

hz9Att4.jpg

I totally agree with your assessment of this Doom PF. It is an outstanding PF. The figure itself looks fantastic and both portraits look great. IMO, this is a wickedly cool looking Doom statue. Just like it did for you, this piece easily exceeded my expectations when I received him.

Polystone doesn't rust :D

Nonetheless the rust finish was intentional then... and it looks quite cool :)

I totally agree with your assessment of this Doom PF. It is an outstanding PF. The figure itself looks fantastic and both portraits look great. IMO, this is a wickedly cool looking Doom statue. Just like it did for you, this piece easily exceeded my expectations when I received him.

Nice !! I'm glad you like it as well. Sideshow nailed it.

Now I'm quite excited to receive XM Thanos and display them together. I will only need a cool 1/4 Magneto to finish the display.

Nice !! I'm glad you like it as well. Sideshow nailed it.

Now I'm quite excited to receive XM Thanos and display them together. I will only need a cool 1/4 Magneto to finish the display.

I'm anxiously awaiting the XM Thanos as well. I was lucky enough to secure an XM Magneto so I'm all good with that character. My Doom PF is actually paired up with the most recent Red Skull PF. I like the way they look together.

It's a nice combination of colors for sure, haha. It felt weird leaving Cap alone so I ended up putting Skull back with him at the moment, I feel like I need a superhero to match with Doom now, but which one? Spiderman? future Iron Man PF?

It's a nice combination of colors for sure, haha. It felt weird leaving Cap alone so I ended up putting Skull back with him at the moment, I feel like I need a superhero to match with Doom now, but which one? Spiderman? future Iron Man PF?

Well, the Thing PF would be most logical followed by the Silver Surfer COM. SSC has only released one member of the FF in 1/4 scale so that sort of limits display options a bit. I'm keeping my Doom with Red Skull. I don't have a 1/4 Cap in my collection yet. When I do, I'm putting him on a shelf with Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man. I'll keep the villains paired up beneath them.

AFter the recent F4 movie, not sure if SS gonna even make anymore F4 statues...

So excited after seeing the initial pics of this statue that I jumped on the EX waitlist and got converted yesterday! This PF looks really great. Can't wait to see it up close and personal.

Just ordered a regular for $350 shipped. I'm sure I could get an EX but not worth extra cost to me. Saw this statue at a local LCS and it turned out better than I thought it would

So excited after seeing the initial pics of this statue that I jumped on the EX waitlist and got converted yesterday! This PF looks really great. Can't wait to see it up close and personal.

Just ordered a regular for $350 shipped. I'm sure I could get an EX but not worth extra cost to me. Saw this statue at a local LCS and it turned out better than I thought it would

Congrats to both of you. Yeah, in hand pics and video reviews of this piece have been very positive for the most part. I'm thrilled with my EX Doom. This PF is all that I'd hoped it would be. It's a magnificent statue of the character.

Got my Doom PF today and count me in the impressed camp. The base is a big minus though...a Latverian castle base would've been amazing.

And yeah the magnets suck....weak as hell

Back