Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Day one order only makes for a larger ES.
With the TBD I now wait for a $20 code before ordering, if I order direct.
Every little helps.

I ordered day one as well. I don't think my opinion changes on too many statues, either I like it or not so I may as well order when I can.

Day one order only makes for a larger ES.
With the TBD I now wait for a $20 code before ordering, if I order direct.
Every little helps.

:goodpost:

Think I'll do that for this figure too. That way I'll have awhile to decide if I 100% want this guy. Hope he's at SDCC so people can post videos/pics

Not many 'Ordered' in here.
I think we're all waiting a few weeks.

I ordered day one. I'll just toss the "classic" freak mask in the trash and live with the modern version. Everything else on this is pretty much boss. The cloth looks fantastic. SS has killed it with this and the Daredevil PF. Beats the days of "parking ticket" She-Hulk and "action figure" Ms. Marvel...LOL

I dig this one more than the original, though not 100% happy with the "modern" face.

It looks good when it's partially covered in shadows. When it's in full light, there is something funny about it. I'm hoping SDCC pics help showcase the face a bit better.

The more I look at this the more I want the Lsf

This is exactly how I feel. I think the problem here is that the pose and overall feel of this piece is way too similar to the Doom LSF.

The issue being of course that the LSF is twice as big, much more detailed and intricate armor, much nicer quality of fabric and mixed media, and a better base.

In other words, this PF feels like the smaller, dumber little brother of the LSF and it pales in comparison to the "real deal."

Granted it's almost 5x cheaper and many won't be able to properly display something the size of an LSF but that doesn't change the fact that the comparison between it and the LSF is not favorable at all.

The older Doom PF avoids this pitfall due to the completely different sitting pose as well as the intricate throne.

Seeing this only makes me realize how much better the LSF is and if I was to have only ONE piece to represent Doom in my collection, it would probably have to be the LSF for me . . .

This is exactly how I feel. I think the problem here is that the pose and overall feel of this piece is way too similar to the Doom LSF.

The issue being of course that the LSF is twice as big, much more detailed and intricate armor, much nicer quality of fabric and mixed media, and a better base.

In other words, this PF feels like the smaller, dumber little brother of the LSF and it pales in comparison to the "real deal."

Granted it's almost 5x cheaper and many won't be able to properly display something the size of an LSF but that doesn't change the fact that the comparison between it and the LSF is not favorable at all.

The older Doom PF avoids this pitfall due to the completely different sitting pose as well as the intricate throne.

Seeing this only makes me realize how much better the LSF is and if I was to have only ONE piece to represent Doom in my collection, it would probably have to be the LSF for me . . .

Honestly, if they were still offering the longer payment plan, I would go ahead and order the LSF. It is that much better. But with so much else I am scrambling to get atm, this is going to take a real back seat. I may just go for the LSF way down the road if I can't talk myself into this. Given Sideshow's track record for unflattering pic's however, I am hoping he will be at SDCC so I can get another opinion.

:goodpost::exactly: This PF is nice, but just not enough for me to pull the trigger.

Wow dfchang, have Sideshow sent you samples of both materials used?
If not how do you know the difference in 'quality of fabric'?

Pure awsome! I'm not really a fan of Dr. Doom but the model seems very attractive. I want one for sure. May I know how big this model is? The price is too expensive but I think that's the it is.

Pure awsome! I'm not really a fan of Dr. Doom but the model seems very attractive. I want one for sure. May I know how big this model is? The price is too expensive but I think that's the it is.

You'll be surprise, the price of each new release will just be more expensive :panic:

Wow dfchang, have Sideshow sent you samples of both materials used?
If not how do you know the difference in 'quality of fabric'?

You can tell from the pics. The closeups of 1/4 Doom PF show the cape to be a rougher material, kinda like terrycloth (see how it drapes?). The cape on LSF Doom looks to be of EGyptian cotton :rotfl

. But a 2K LSF is going to be better than a $389 PF so no surprises there. I don't have the cashola nor the space for a LSF so easy choice for me.

300198-dr-doom-010.jpg300198-dr-doom-006.jpg

I will not be attending SDCC but seeming some videos and pics from it might help out giving it some perspective and then I'll decide.

Hopefully this piece will be there and I'll get some shots for ya.

Back