Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ultron Com was sneaked to us years ago. They only recent 1/5 Coms has been the JSC line. Those were made to be a set. I doubt we'll see a major push on Coms after that set is released. SSC already knows that Coms just don't sell as well as 1/4 scale pieces do. I expect the new Doom to be a PF.

sounds good to me! :hi5: just the thought of what the Exclusive will be has got me excited! Change of head perhaps? Extra arm attachment? :panic::panic:

I hope it's not one of them pieces that gets teased & then you don't hear anything of it for ages. Saying that though from the picture's it looks finished

You guys already have you 1:4 Doom, let the comiquette people have some fun too! :thwak

sounds good to me! :hi5: just the thought of what the Exclusive will be has got me excited! Change of head perhaps? Extra arm attachment? :panic::panic:

:1-1: yeah I hope the exclusive is something like a change o mask or a change o weapons(cosmic cube/Infinity Gauntlet). That will be an epic piece!!:hi5:

Yeah that was a CQ, I must admit I would of been all over that Ultron statue if it was a PF but it wasn't :(

I really hope this Doom is a PF. Will most probably pass if it isn't though just like I did Ultron

You hit the nail right on the head RB. If the Ultron Com was a PF, there is NO WAY I would pass on it. It's a fantastic looking piece but I really want to stay away from 1/5 scale pieces. Especially since SSC themselves admitted that they want to focus more on PFs. It just seems the Com line won't be getting any real attention from SSC going forward. Com lines are just dying. AH and Brooks line...dead, X-MEN Com line...nothing. Coms just seem to be dying a slow death. I'm going to keep 2 (that are in 1/5 scale). My Punisher Com is going nowhere and my Hulk Com will only get sold for a killer 1/4 scale modern Hulk. I'm very seriously considering selling off the rest.

Yeah I have little interest in 1/5. I'm going to get the new Spidey CQ & MJ is already ordered but I love Spiderman so there 2 exceptions which will be displayed on my desk away from my PF's

Yeah I have little interest in 1/5. I'm going to get the new Spidey CQ & MJ is already ordered but I love Spiderman so there 2 exceptions which will be displayed on my desk away from my PF's

Haha that's hilarious!

which will be displayed on my desk away from my PF's

Segregation of PFs and CQs! Classic :lol

Haha that's hilarious!

Segregation of PFs and CQs! Classic :lol

I don't like mixing different scale statues. Everything's 1/4 in my collection & I want to keep it that way. Just going to have Spidey & MJ as 2 stand alone pieces so :pfft:

I don't like mixing different scale statues. Everything's 1/4 in my collection & I want to keep it that way. Just going to have Spidey & MJ as 2 stand alone pieces so :pfft:

Nothing wrong with that RB. I also like to display my pieces according to their respective scales.

Boom, Such is the Will of Doom!

‏@ArtofJoshSimon 13 Aug

@collectsideshow You did a sneak peek of my favorite Doctor during SDCC but no scale! Will it be 1/4?? Such is the Will of DOOM!

5:53 PM - 13 Aug 13 · Details

SideshowCollectibles ‏@collectsideshow 14 Aug

@artofjoshsimon #WillOfDoom! Magic 8-ball says, "Your assumptions are on the right track!" -S

‏@ArtofJoshSimon 13 Aug

@collectsideshow You did a sneak peek of my favorite Doctor during SDCC but no scale! Will it be 1/4?? Such is the Will of DOOM!

@artofjoshsimon #WillOfDoom! Magic 8-ball says, "Your assumptions are on the right track!" -S

:hi5::goodpost: this is great news!! I want to find out more what's the exclusive going to be!

‏@ArtofJoshSimon 13 Aug

Sweet so he is going to be 1/4. Now is he going to be mixed media or fully sculpted I wonder?

Either way, he's getting bought

To me fully sculpted dooms never capture the essence of the character as the mixed media did for the OG pf and now the LSF, hopefully this one is a pf.

Was thinking the other day if they made this cause they decided to scrap the LSF?

To me fully sculpted dooms never capture the essence of the character as the mixed media did for the OG pf and now the LSF, hopefully this one is a pf.

Was thinking the other day if they made this cause they decided to scrap the LSF?

I don't think they are, he was at SDCC again, I just think they're taking their sweet time putting out the LSF's because it's not like the market is huge for them. They eat space and tons of money especially since the Doom LSF was supposedly going to be $2500.

But this new PF....this I can't wait for. I've been waiting for a Standing Doom and this will be awesome...hopefully.

We are hoping for a pf because we won't be able to get the lsf. Too much other real life stuff coming up.

I hope it's mixed media. I do prefer mixed media to fully sculpted when it comes to character's like this. Characters like Spidey I prefer to be fully sculpted because there in skin tight costumes.

Nice to know that it's 1/4 scale. Now I just hope he's fully sculpted. If he is mixed media, I'll still pick him up if he looks great. Even though I'm not a big fan of cloth, the LSF looks amazing. If the PF looks anywhere near that good it'll be a day one buy for me.

Well, if it's 1/4 scale, it'll be a PF regardless. The only real question is if it'll be mixed media or not.

The way Doom is I can see it more than likely being mixed media with his hood & cape. From all recent PF's SS have used mixed media other than on the odd skin tight costumes but either way I just can't wait for the reveal of this

Back