Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My brother gave this to me for Xmas. I really hated this PF because there was so much fabric on him. I wished his cape was fully-sculpted. I didn't have the heart to tell my brother so I did the best I can to make him look good.

Some things I had to do to make him to my liking besides messing with his cape:

-pull up his skirt to about thigh-high
-lower his belt more to his hips
-lift up his cape to knee-high
-layered the cape at his shoulder area to give it the broad shoulders look
-adjusted the back of the hood to give a droop

Here's the final look. It's not perfect but bearable.

IMG_4282.jpg

It's a shame you don't care for it and feel compelled to keep it. I love the piece. I even think it look better than the original Doom PF. Base is obviously far better on the OG but I think this new PF has a much better figure.

It's a shame you don't care for it and feel compelled to keep it. I love the piece. I even think it look better than the original Doom PF. Base is obviously far better on the OG but I think this new PF has a much better figure.

Agreed. This is one of my favorite pieces. And I think the cape sculpting dajuice did makes it look worse.

My brother gave this to me for Xmas. I really hated this PF because there was so much fabric on him. I wished his cape was fully-sculpted. I didn't have the heart to tell my brother so I did the best I can to make him look good.

View attachment 232181

If I got a pf as a present I would have been more than happy.

My only present was a pair of socks

View attachment 232181

How is the new Wu Tang album, Martin?

Agreed. This is one of my favorite pieces. And I think the cape sculpting dajuice did makes it look worse.

I think he did a nice job shaping the cape and hood. Some peeps just don't like the way he looks. My cousin and a friend (this friend even owns the EX) don't care for the PF at all. However, my buddy just took him out of the box and slapped him together without shaping anything on him. When he came over and saw mine, he admits it looks much better than his. Of course, I went to the trouble of adjusting my Doom PF. I think it looks great and it has even grown on me more since I received it. It's all just a matter of opinion.

I think he did a nice job shaping the cape and hood. Some peeps just don't like the way he looks. My cousin and a friend (this friend even owns the EX) don't care for the PF at all. However, my buddy just took him out of the box and slapped him together without shaping anything on him. When he came over and saw mine, he admits it looks much better than his. Of course, I went to the trouble of adjusting my Doom PF. I think it looks great and it has even grown on me more since I received it. It's all just a matter of opinion.

Thanks.

I prefer a fully-sculpted statue over mixed-media. If the Modern Age Batman had the cape as mixed-media along with his costume compared to fully-sculpted, I would not have purchased him.

After more futzing around, he's beginning to grow on me. I put 2 big stacks of tissue paper on his shoulders. Dr. Doom always had that huge, broad shoulders kind of look.

IMG_4325.JPG

IMG_4327.JPG

abc.jpg

I'm a big fully sculpted guy myself. However, it's usually pieces with tight spandex looking costumes I have the most issues with. Pieces like Doom, Joker, Lobo, and Skaar I think look bad ass in mixed media. The original Wolverine and Sabretooth PFs are a good example of mixed media costumes I really don't like. In the end, I'll always prefer fully sculpted pieces but IMO, SSC has done a pretty good job with their mixed media statues of late.

I'm a big fully sculpted guy myself. However, it's usually pieces with tight spandex looking costumes I have the most issues with. Pieces like Doom, Joker, Lobo, and Skaar I think look bad ass in mixed media. The original Wolverine and Sabretooth PFs are a good example of mixed media costumes I really don't like. In the end, I'll always prefer fully sculpted pieces but IMO, SSC has done a pretty good job with their mixed media statues of late.
Right on filip629. You said it perfectly.

I love this doom pf. It has grown on me more and more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

When I first started collecting I was against the PF line because of how Wolverine and Sabertooth looked I thought it looked really bad no other way to explain it. As time has gone on and I see other iterations I feel it gets better and better and I rather like the PF mixed media lines

When I first started collecting I was against the PF line because of how Wolverine and Sabertooth looked I thought it looked really bad no other way to explain it. As time has gone on and I see other iterations I feel it gets better and better and I rather like the PF mixed media lines

Some PFs are flat out good to incredible. Anyone who has had a chance to see Lobo in all his glory has to admit that the mixed media on that piece is not just good, but mind blowing. All of my friends and family are blown away by how good he looks. The mixed media on that just flat out ROCKS! Sure, SSC has had a few PFs that really didn't work for me personally ( OG Wolvie and Sabretooth PFs among a few others), but their latest releases have looked pretty damn good to me. And this is coming from a guy who used to always beat the 1/4 fully sculpted drum. Fully sculpted is still my favorite type of statue but I have become more open minded to mixed media because IMO SSC has done a good job with their PFs recently. Bottom line, if a statue of a character I like looks good, I'll be picking it up regardless of whether it's mixed media or not. My modern Thor PF is shipping out on Jan 5th. That's looking like a killer mixed media piece and I can't wait to receive it.

Some PFs are flat out good to incredible. Anyone who has had a chance to see Lobo in all his glory has to admit that the mixed media on that piece is not just good, but mind blowing. All of my friends and family are blown away by how good he looks. The mixed media on that just flat out ROCKS! Sure, SSC has had a few PFs that really didn't work for me personally ( OG Wolvie and Sabretooth PFs among a few others), but their latest releases have looked pretty damn good to me. And this is coming from a guy who used to always beat the 1/4 fully sculpted drum. Fully sculpted is still my favorite type of statue but I have become more open minded to mixed media because IMO SSC has done a good job with their PFs recently. Bottom line, if a statue of a character I like looks good, I'll be picking it up regardless of whether it's mixed media or not. My modern Thor PF is shipping out on Jan 5th. That's looking like a killer mixed media piece and I can't wait to receive it.

Agree very much. I got Thor last week and him cap allied charge and new hulk pf are all mixed and all absolutely fantastic amongst the others I have. I agree with you about Lobo, I dont have any interest in the character but he came out great. If a character I like comes out good I will get it thats the bottom line. The fortunate thing is if you are anti one or the other there are options available for you.

The tissue made him look better. Genius

Lol - thanks. The idea just just came out of the blue when I just kept messing with the cape, the skirt, and the hood. No matter how I shaped the fabric, I couldn't make him look good. Then bam! The thing is to not put too much on the shoulder in which he looks like a football player - spread out the tissue paper to give him the big, broad shoulders look.

There are a lot of peeps that like a large looking Doom. Many artists portray him that way. JR JR's Doom is definitely a big boy. However, I've always been a HUGE fan of John Byrne's Dr. Doom and I think this PF captures that version of him perfectly. Byrne's Doom has always been a bit sleeker than how most artists portray him nowadays. That's why this PF appeals so much to me. Every time I look at this PF, it reminds me of Byrne's epic run on the FF. That's nothing but a good thing in my book.

Back