Ray Park as Snake Eyes (OFFICIAL IMAGE)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we sure this is a movie shot? I thought the movie was going to be Live action. This looks like a 3d render. Mostly becuase of the lighting and how the wall behind him looks. I Could be mistaken, But I don't think this is a REal image.

also, the lighting looks off if you look at the extreme shadows, the shinyness of the metal wrist things, and the flare on the blade. No, the more I look at this, the more and more I think this is a 3d render.

Looks great to me. I too think the red clan symbol on the arm is a bit distracting with his sold black outfit, but from that comic pic, it is indeed accurate though. I hope Cobra Commander and the rest look just as good.

I resend my other, prior statement, i think it's just the lighting. However, i think he is shopped onto that background, As he casts no shadows onto it. here is a lightend version of the same picture.

snakeeyes-movie-1.jpg

This is the only thing I've seen from this movie that I've liked.

Pretty damn sweet.

joexlargefd8.jpg

The problem I have with it, is he should look like a soldier, not some damn superhero with a obvious muscle suit underneath spandex.

Park may be in shape, but that is definitely a Batmanesque suite, especially the chest and abs. Maybe not so much in the arms though.

I have to agree with King's sentiments... he looks cool, but its a bummer since the movie will probably be a turd.

But, they'll still get a ticket out of me :lol

Wow!!

Wow!!

Wow!!

That looks exactly how Snake Eyes should look. Not only is it a great looking costume, it is also Ray Park :rock

I must admit, when I heard about a G.I Joe movie, I was worried it may go down a kid's movie route :Flush

This one shot has shown that this could be everything that this movie should be.

Here's hoping.

joexlargefd8.jpg

I'm extremely happy (and surprised) that they went with the visor'd look. The '82 version could almost double as any Sam Fisher/Rainbow Six night ops clone, but the visor and sword...that just screams SNAKE EYES. Too cool.

I used to think that this movie would have no redeeming value whatsoever, now it looks like it could at *least* be The Phantom Menace, especially with regard to Ray Park's role.

I'm sure the 1982 fanboys will get their wish in 1/6 scale form. By the way, 82 SE doesn't get exclusive rights to the "Commando" moniker. :)

Maybe the movie will suck major ass(pretty sure of that), but Snake Eyes will be insanely popular(like Maul) and get his own movie(like Wolverine). Which would probably suck too:lol, I mean he never speaks, so it could limit his role as a lead for a movie. But any Snake Eyes is better than none.

I swear some of you people would +++++ about the taxes on winning 100 million dollars :rolleyes:

He looks cool.

I'm thinking that this movie will suffer a lot of critizizing like Transformers from the hardcore fans, but if it's at least entertaining, it'll be a hit!
As long as it doesn't end beinig as bad as Mortal Kombat or one of those Chuck Norris Delta Force movies, I'm cool!

Look, however high-faluting G.I. Joe fans may have gotten, let's remember what the whole thing was originally about: SELLING TOYS.

In that regard, it looks like they got the aesthetic just right with Snake-Eyes. Unless they pull a whole "Silent Bob" thing with him, where he actually says something 3/4 of the way through the movie, he'll be okay.

The movie will be exactly what it should be: a long commercial.

Back