Ray Donovan on Showtime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny...My neighbor comes over every Sunday for wine or beer and snacks while we watch Dexter together. When Dexter would start, we wouldnt talk at all absorbing every minute of the show making sure not to miss anything. Now that Ray Donovan started, we talk all through Dexter and shut up for RD! :lol

Bunchy...What a dumbass. I was watching it but then my autotune switched me back over to AMC for BrBa. Ill catch RD again tomorrow.
For such a hard *** (Ray) he needs to do something with that wife of his! :slap :lol

Ray Donovan is still one of the best shows on TV right now, this season isnt as good as the last but it started slow and has really got me wondering what's going to happen next so I really look forward to this one each week.

A long time coming, but after finally getting through The Wire, I started on Ray Donovan.

Eight episodes into the first season and this is a great series so far.

Interesting characters and a multi-faceted plot.

Jon Voight is a blast, and from what I remember of his relationship with his daughter, Angelina Jolie, I keep getting the feeling that he's just playing himself. :lol

The first three seasons were good.

Season 4 took a very bleak turn, and kept piling the misery onto the Donovans.

I thought Abby had telegraphed her impending death at the end by lying about her cancer receding, so it was no surprise to find out she was dead when season 5 began.

Season 5 appears to be widely regarded as the major downward shift in the series. "Melancholic" is a word that's been used to describe the first episode. Ray's had the stuffing knocked out of him, and that's no fun.

After the third season it was a steady decline all the way to the movie.

When it began I was feeling a Raymond Chandler vibe. Ray was like a Philip Marlowe private eye type, tough but complex, employed by the wealthy to fix problems (as Marlowe was in The Big Sleep).

After the bleak fourth season, Ray was largely beaten and broken down. The storyline became ever more ridiculous and circular, until it finally ended in the most depressing way with the movie.

From the fifth season on I got through the episodes faster by jump skipping through certain scenes, and was glad to finally reach the end and put the whole thing behind me.

Back