Rate The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rank the movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Too much to read.:lol

To the people who don't care for it, anyone who praises it are fanboys, meaning their opinion means squat.

Kinda like what's going on right now in the Django thread and Tarantino's fanboys drooling all over the trailer for that movie.

OH, but that's different. :lol

58 (out of 100) is the critics score. The actual people who have seen it give it an 8.5 on that site.

To the people who don't care for it, anyone who praises it are fanboys, meaning their opinion means squat.

Kinda like what's going on right now in the Django thread and Tarantino's fanboys drooling all over the trailer for that movie.

OH, but that's different. :lol

I'm not a Hobbit or LOTR fanboy but I enjoyed it alot so what does that make me? :lol

I'm not a Hobbit or LOTR fanboy but I enjoyed it alot so what does that make me? :lol

tumblr_lxrsn6MSiV1qe4lx7o2_250.gif

:monkey3

From Rotten Tomatoes:

"Peter Jackson didn't particularly want to direct The Hobbit, and I didn't particularly want to be bored to tears, but there we both were, fulfilling what could only be described as some sort of cinematic murder-suicide pact. "

Do you not have a review of your own?

I mean, reviews are interesting, but I don't see the point here.

You guys that post the negative **** just for trolling sake make me laugh. Why don't you also post small one sentence clips from critics who thought it was great.

You guys that post the negative **** just for trolling sake make me laugh. Why don't you also post small one sentence clips from critics who thought it was great.

Trolling to troll is a good way to get an infraction. :)

Christopher Trolan should have directed the hobbit for real it would be a realistic masterpiece:lol

Then it would be even more boring and monotonous.

Instead of the nice, sweeping classical "Hobbit/Dwarf/Misty Mountain" theme, we'd have Hans Zimmer playing with his keyboard and guitar with loud midgets chanting.

Oh, and Gollum wouldn't be understandable and Bilbo would sound retarded and nasally.

Hopefully you understand why people like myself can't agree with you at all. As a huge fan of Jackson and Tolkien my expectations were very high and those were met. Sucks for those that it didn't but this film very firmly fits on the shelf with The Lord of the Rings.

Absolutely man. I get it. I am a huge fan as well. That's why I'm here. I admire your conviction and do not want to detract from it.
I think you hit upon an important point: it boils down to hopes and expectations. And yea, it does suck for me that I didn't like it.

I'm definitely not here to bash the series. I am relieved actually that many of us did like it so that they continue the series unfettered.

Wow! Really? It was THAT bad for you?

I wish it wasn't. I could go more into it but don't want to be too negative. I got chills when Frodo walked on to the screen. But many of the decisions Jackson and his team made that worked so well in the first series, just seemed to be wrong for me. For example, why didn't they add Tom Bombadil? Probably because that part was a little childish. Good choice. So why then go ahead and make Radegast so childish?

I wish it wasn't. I could go more into it but don't want to be too negative. I got chills when Frodo walked on to the screen. But many of the decisions Jackson and his team made that worked so well in the first series, just seemed to be wrong for me. For example, why didn't they add Tom Bombadil? Probably because that part was a little childish. Good choice. So why then go ahead and make Radegast so childish?

Probably due to the differences in the books. Tom Bombadil didn't fit at all in LotR and it stuck out like a sore thumb whereas because The Hobbit was written more lighthearted, it fit more. I wouldn't have cared either way if he were in there or not. He was a small blip on the screen compared to other things. And with this being just part one, we don't know what will come up with that character later, if anything.

I think when all is said and done, and more of this trilogy comes out, some will look back on the first part more positively. That's how I was with Fellowship.

Back