RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suicide Squad - 7.5/10

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Force Awakens

7.5 out of 10. I took off .5 point 'coz of the story re-use.

BUT. Finally persuaded some older relatives to watch it. Seniors in poor health. Not only did they really enjoy it, they lit up seeing Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill. I hadn't thought of that. That senior folks know the original Star Wars but lost interest as time has gone on so have been spared the "prequels".:monkey3. Just as well because explaining all that irritates them when I try.:monkey3:lol

But TFA bridged the gap for them between old and new. Didn't expect that. Already planning a trip for them to see Last Jedi in theater (the ones w. reserve lounge seats)

FURY 5/10

Had been really looking forward to this one as I am a fan of WWII era films.
It was just OK, thought the cast was particularly unlikeable... at least how they played the characters.
The final act with 300 odd troops failing miserably against one stricken and disabled tank was really stretching things.
Disappointment.

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York - 6.5/10

Ya know, I used to enjoy it as a kid... but now I just see it for what it is... an obvious ****** cash in redo of the first film. But ****, you can say that about so many sequels.

Waterworld - 8/10

Criminally underrated, and I only began to like it when I was older.

Halloween 1978 - 7.5/10

Not as great as I remembered, but I still like it. I've forgotten how many times Carpenter stuck the piano theme within it.

An enjoyable mess is better than just a mess.

Glad to see reception to SS is lighting up a bit.

I was never on the Suicide Squad hate train. It was a mess from a critical standpoint, sure, but it was still fun to watch.

Waterworld - 8/10

Criminally underrated, and I only began to like it when I was older.

One of my favourites, for sure.

I was disappointed with the HBO series' cerebral, artistic interpretation of Crichton's story and tuned into the series hoping for something more... fun, like the film. It was still good, though.

Back