RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It occurs to me I haven't see you around much lately. You been cutting back on the forum or are you mainly in the SW section these days?
Thanks for noticing buddy. :lol :duff

Yeah, just focused on other things moreso these days. Big into the retro gaming scene, & spend a lot of time researching things to do with the games & systems I'm building libraries / collections for. I've completely shifted on the figures thing. I've sold a bunch of HT figures (still got my Arnolds & SW stuff). Most of the comic book movie figures are gone now with the exception of Jack Joker.

Hoping you're keeping well a-dev. :hi5:

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Twister - 5/10

For the time the effects were cutting edge, but it's incredibly dated. The whole Bill Paxton is the "Extreme" thing is so ****** chill inducing. The evil Storm Chasers led by Robin Hood, and you're know they're evil because all their trucks are black.

And let's not forget the Finger of Gah scene, where they go through the Fujita scale and it lands on F5 and they're so shook up by it that someone drops their fork.

I can only watch it out of nostalgia of how awful it is.

Yeah, this one didn't age very well. I can still watch it though, but I don't enjoy it the same as the very first viewing.

Yesterday watched couple of movies I have been postpone watchin for awhile.
The hateful eight. What an effin movie, keeps you on edge the whole movie. 9/10
The Age of Adaline. Also, a great movie, Lively did a stunning job, story wise, not so much, I would say 7/10.

Jason Bourne - 8/10

I watched this on HBO which had visible compression especially during the opening scenes, which were pretty dark, not great while trying to get into the movie. I also wasn't keen on that opening interaction between Stiles and Damon, acting felt a bit off.

How'd you feel about the non-Damon Bourne movie? For me that one was a notch above this one.

I watched this on HBO which had visible compression especially during the opening scenes, which were pretty dark, not great while trying to get into the movie. I also wasn't keen on that opening interaction between Stiles and Damon, acting felt a bit off.

How'd you feel about the non-Damon Bourne movie? For me that one was a notch above this one.

I didn't like the non Matt Damon one at all

The Thing (1982) - 10/10

The cast. The story. The structure. The music. The effects. The location. Just sheer perfection. Carpenter and Russell's best picture.

I've seen both of these before but recently rented them again.

Thor - 7.5/10

Thor: The Dark World - 6/10

Everyone *****s all over the first Thor movie, but with what the MCU has given us of late, I'd actually put this one in my list of top 5 favorite MCU films. Say what you will about the story/plot, but the Asgard scenes were beautiful and this had the best musical score of any MCU film, IMHO.

The Dark World is a massive step downward, sadly. It felt dragged out and the villain was boring and generic. It's after about the first 50 minutes that the film really sinks. I enjoyed the scenes with Loki though. At first I felt that my 6/10 rating for this was too high, but then I remember some of the cringe-worthy Syfy dribble that I've had the misfortune of enduring and I feel much better about it.

Back