RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Escape from NY:7/10
They Live:9/10-Easily one of my favourite Carpenter films.

Last edited:
To the Wonder: 10/10
Roger Ebert said:
As the film opened, I wondered if I was missing something. As it continued, I realized many films could miss a great deal.

Yeah, me too. I guess I need to change that. :lol

Its definitely a polarizing movie. Like Tree of Life was to many.
Ive watched this a few times now and like it more with each viewing.
Its odd cause many people claim the movie "goes nowhere" while I feel it goes everywhere.

Curse Of Chucky - 8/10 - I know i'm bias as a HUGE fan, however it made my expectations HIGH ;) Right, first off I loved it. A real stand alone in the series, after it could have easily gone stale. I think the casting was solid and believable, the pacing returned to that of the earlier movies too. The effects were familiar yet fresh, some genuinely SHOCKING kills! ;)

Most notably, it felt like a horror flick again with hints of dark humour like the good 'ol days. The cameos were a great little reward to the Chucky fan base as well.

However, rose tinted shades aside! It isn't without some issues for me. The last 30 minutes or so became a bit rushed and crudely constructed for me, also the flashback with the sunflowers devalued Charles Lee Ray for me. Just unnecessary to be honest.

So all in all, a refreshing sequel, with top kills, great one liners and enough jumpy moments to satisfy this Chucky fan! :) Hi Dee Ho ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back